Q. Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hungry? What treatment do you suggest?

#

• Excessive hunger is good for you as your weight is normal and it is also good for stomach.
  • Just rule out diabetes by doing fasting blood sugar (FBS).
  • Hair loss is not related to antral gastritis. Please consult a dermatologist for further physical evaluation.

Antral gastritis

1. Complete blood count (CBC).
2. Liver function tests (LFT)
3. Fasting blood sugar (FBS).
4. Thyroid functions.

Diabetes.

Avoid spicy food.

Revert back after 15 days with the test reports to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I asked before for antral gastritis. I am still always hungry and hair is still falling out. My thyroid is fine and blood sugar too. I started taking medicines which caused gastritis and after three months I was anemic, had hair loss and felt too much hungry too much. I felt my body is not absorbing well, and wants more food. Can gastritis cause vitamin deficiency, anemia and malabsorbtion? I do not take those medicines any more for over a year but all the problems are still there.

#

• Hair fall is not due to antral gastritis. Please consult dermatologist for the same.
  • Excessive hungry is also not due to antral gastritis.
  • Yes, antral gastritis may cause vitamin deficiency if you have intrinsic factor deficiency.

For further doubts consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|