Q. My father has stroke with gout disease. Kindly analyze the reports of echocardiogram and advise.

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

my dad recently completed ecocardiogram. The result is here with me in photo. i like doctor to interpret the result and provide appropriate advise. last year he had this report and one doctor has advise not to do surgery because of his age. he was taking medications since then and continue taking it now. apart from this last year he had minor stroke and water in lungs.. he was hospitalised for 10 years to take approriate treatment. also he has severe Gout issue. last week he went for Gour surgery on both legs.. Gout issue for last 10 years. i have no one to look after my doctor. so i am taking action on his behalf. Thanks

#

Thanks for the query

He has to continue medicines. Surgery will be risky in his case. If symptoms are very uncontrolled on maximum tolerated medicines then surgery is an option but he will need Coronary Angiography first and then if indicated 3 surgeries will be combined. 1. CABG (ByPass), 2. Mitral Valve repair/ replacement, 3. Aortic valve replacement. As he has multiple comorbidities so these surgeries will be risky. Other options are medicines plus CRT device if indicated by ECG findings, plus/minus Mitra Clip, which is percutaneous mitral valve replacement but is performed in few centres. Regards

|