Q. Is stroke along with bleeding inside brain worrisome?

Dr. Vivek Chail
Published on Jan 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2019

I got a stroke but I do not know how to explain it. Twice I was bleeding along with the stroke. One type of bleeding was chronic and the other one was acute. I would like to know which type of bleeding is dangerous? And also explain the reason for the same.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

An acute hemorrhage is for a short duration but very dangerous. The reason being a sudden build up of pressure in the brain. In case of chronic bleeding it is not so dangerous but it will remain for a long period. In this case there is a gradual increase of pressure in the brain.

Patient goes to a doctor only when the bleeding is significant in case of stroke.

I would like to have a look of your MRI brain scan to get a detailed view of your bleeding.

If you are feeling better then no need to worry.

Is the forehead region more dangerous compared to the middle? Please guide.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiodiagnosis Radiology
#

Forehead is generally less intense compared to the middle. Hence the location and quantity of bleeding is very important. As you are feeling better now, you can just continue with your medications and relax.

Could you please explain MRI brain and CSF studies related to NPH?

Query: Hello doctor,Can you please give the diagnosis of the uploaded MRI brain and CSF studies with a detailed report? Please advise on the action plan as to how to get the CSF findings treated. The MRI report is enclosed. Does the enclosed report co-relate with your findings? The MRI report CSF studies r...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. The findings in the report and the images are matching and acceptable (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The term NPH is usually applied in cases where there is abnormal CSF hyperdynamic circulation with gait problems or without gait problems if inco...  Read Full

Should we continue hospitalization for my mom or take her home?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother got a brain stroke last month. Since then, she has been hospitalized. She got another stroke on the first week this month. We immediately did an MRI and saw a bigger clot. The earlier clot had also increased in size. So within the window period, we gave her the Boehringer K...  Read Full >>

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the files provided by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is unfortunate that your mother developed bleeding after Boehringer Knoll injection. It is documented to happen in 5 to 7 % of the patients to whom this injection is given for st...  Read Full