Gout

How can I reduce uric acid level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from gout. My uric acid level is 6.9. I am suffering from back rim pain, leg pain. How can I reduce my uric acid and what kind of food diet I should follow and which food will reduce my uric acid?  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, to be honest, uric acid of 6.9 is not very high and moreover in females it very rarely causes arthritis unless it is post-menopause. Secondly, the pain due to uric acid are different and very unbearable. It usually causes swelling of one joint, associated redness ...  Read Full »

Can I take Mobizox for foot pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother, who is 36 years old, has a lot of pain in the ball of right foot. It is like a sharp pain both on the foot as well as in the toes. He is overweight with 98 kg and he is of height 5 feet 7 inches. He is taking NAC 75 painkiller. But, the pain comes back once he stops eat...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Gout is a condition with elevated uric acid levels. It commonly affects great toe rather than ball of foot. Is your brother's great toe swollen along with the pain in the ball of the toe? How long he has been suffering from the pain? Since when he is aware of his uric ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to restart Prednisone?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with gout in left foot. It has been bothering me for a couple of weeks. Last month, I had issue with my elbow and took Prednisone. Recently, doctor said I cannot take Prednisone again so soon and was essentially screwed. Are there any other treatment options or drugs? How ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, there is no such restriction about restarting Prednisone. As long as there is a clinical need and we have exhausted other options then there is no contraindication to restart steroids. Surely, NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) should be tried be...  Read Full »

How to control my uric acid level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I have high uric acid for 20 years. Currently, I am taking Allopurinol 300 mg and Methylpred 4 mg. For the last 3 months, the uric acid level has been less than 5. I am confused why there are still some attacks?  Read Full »

Dr. Surbhi Agrawal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been taking preventive gout medicine for a long time and have started to have flares for the first time in a while, call your doctor. He may talk to you about changing your dosage or your medicine. In addition to medication, these self-care tips may help...  Read Full »

Is medicine the only solution for gout?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gout, and my uric acid remains in the range of 8.5 to 9. Is medicine the only solution? I have not started any, but the doctor suggested Febutaz 40 mg. If I start my medicine and continue with my daily workout, is it fine to add a protein shake in my diet?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start dietary restrictions initially, and if not responding, then you will have to use medicine. The risk of developing gout is increased with dietary meat and fish intake. Consumption of dairy products, particularly low-fat dairy products, is associat...  Read Full »

Are joint and knee pain symptoms of gout?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last few weeks, my wife is suffering from joint pain in foot and right knee. When I search for this problem online, I found it as a symptom of gout. Can you please explain me about gout?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.I have gone through your query and also looked at the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Initially, I would like to throw some information about gout. It is a condition of altered purine metabolism in the body in which crystals of monosodium urate d...  Read Full »

Has running made my gout worse?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with gout. Pain in the big toe is gradual for over four to five days until acute on the sixth day with swelling. During the early stages of pain, I continued with my running. I had no prior knowledge of gout. Could I have made the condition wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Catherine Bevington

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You would not have done any damage to your toe or made gout worse by running on it. The pain and tenderness are likely to last for a few more weeks but should gradually resolve completely. The attack was probably brought on by the beer and the dehydration. If you a...  Read Full »

How can muscle pain be cured through Ayurveda?

Query: Hi doctor, Can Balaguluchyadi thailam be used for muscle knots or pain in the forearm?  Read Full »

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ayurveda Specialist, Yoga Specialist, Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Majority of thailam will relieve pain. But we should find out the reason for the pain. If it is because of gout, definitely your pain will be cured with this oil. It would be better if you explain your problem in detail with reports if you have any.  Read Full »

Why am I having swelling and pain in the joints with disability to walk?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe joint pains for two days. Initially, I had a fever. but now it has subsided but unable to move or walk freely as all joints seemed swollen.  Read Full »

Dr. Ella Maponya

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acute generalized joint pain is an uncomfortable problem that needs attention as soon as possible especially because you are unable to move or walk freely. Diseases that can cause the kind of joint pain you are having include Gout where uric acid forms crystals that dep...  Read Full »

Why are my uric acid levels always high?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a bad throat, cold and mild fever. I am taking antibiotic Amoxycillin and Ibugesic plus. Can I get liver function test and kidney function test at this time or should I wait?  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is advisable to get the liver and kidney function tests done after a week, as these drugs alter the test results. For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician  Read Full »