Q. Please see my echocardiogram report, and tell me if I need immediate medical attention.

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay
Published on Apr 27, 2017

I was wondering if I could get a detailed review regarding the attached echocardiogram report. I wish to know whether there is any issue which requires immediate medical attention. Moreover, I would also like to know about the non-pharmacological management of the abnormality, like exercises and any change in diet. I am already taking Losartan 50 mg, Bisoprolol 2.5 mg, and Atorvastatin 10 mg.

#

I have gone through your echocardiography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your EF (ejection fraction) is 76 %, which is good. But, you have a heart valve problem. You follow-up with your cardiologist, and repeat echocardiogram as suggested by him.
  • Try doing the following.
  1. Use only a teaspoon of salt in your diet for the day.
  2. Consume low-fat milk, avoid junk food, fatty, fried, and spicy food.
  3. Take small quantity food instead of a heavy meal.
  4. Continue your treatment.
  5. Avoid strenuous exercise. Simple walking can be done.
  6. Your BMI (basal mass index) is 25, so control your weight.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Thank you for replying. Can I please know more about the valvular problem? Is it severe?

#

• Consult your cardiologist, and discuss with him.

For further queries consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Is there any rule that fruits cannot be eaten on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to improve my eating habit. Please suggest based on the following information. We follow staple food in the family. Rice for lunch and dinner and roti, oats, etc., for breakfast. Predominant side dish for lunch or dinner is fish, vegetables and dal. Occasionally, chicken, mutton ...  Read Full »

Shortness of breath and chest pain after breathing in steam

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male weighing in 185 and 5'9". I do not take any medications. I am worried if I am at risk of any complications after having breathed in some steam/air at about 350 F. I was covering a pot roast I had just taken out of the oven when I accidentally took a breath of it...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for my skin rashes based on the report.

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »