Q. There is an echogenic focus on the left ventricle of fetal heart. Please suggest.

Dr. Chitrangada

In sonography of the baby's heart, there is an echogenic focus on the left ventricle of the heart. Please suggest.

#

Intracardiac echogenic foci in the left ventricles are due to papillary muscle injury/insult and most often resolve spontaneously but they hint at the underlying chromosomal abnormality.

I would highly recommend an early anomaly scan this week itself instead of 20 weeks so that if other abnormality is detected, you get some time in hand to decide the next step. If the anomaly scan is done at 20 weeks, you would not get any time to decide and also no action could be taken.

For more information consult a radiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|