Q. Is it normal to feel hot over the hands and vagina with sharp abdominal pain during pregnancy?

Dr. Lorena Zijaj
This is a premium question & answer published on May 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 15, 2020

I am four months pregnant. My hand and leg palms feel like burning and become very hot, and I have the same feeling in my vagina too. I also get an occasional sharp pain in my lower abdomen for a few seconds. Is this normal in pregnancy? Kindly suggest.

I have attached my reports and I am currently taking Fol 123, Duvadilan, Duphaston 10 mg, Udiliv 300 mg, Pan-D, Thyroxine 12.5, and Eltroxin 75.

#

I read your examination. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). They are all normal.

The symptoms that you prescribe above are common during pregnancy. Burning sensation in palms and hand is called Carpal Syndrome, it happens in pregnancy due to swelling of tissues. The burning sensation in the vagina is because your sexual organs are more vasculated (more blood comes to them) during pregnancy.

To exclude vaginal infection you can perform a vaginal swab and urinary analysis. Your cervical length is 31 mm, so you do not have to worry about abdominal pain, that does not seem to be a uterine contraction.

Countinue your medication and especially you have to consult with an endocrinologist to secure that the thyroid hormone levels are normal.

Dear Dr

Today I have done anomaly scan. Please check the report and guide me further.

Three doubt is there -

1. why it is written in Cardiac chamber-mild mix flow noted. Is it normal?

2. How is the babies organs growing?

3. Is any precautionary measures required?

Please guide if any further points.
# Hello,
Welcome to icliniq.com
The baby is growing normally .
There is no significant anomaly ,the doctor has recommended a fetal echocardiography ,which you can perform at 21 -22 weeks of pregnancy .This mean to evaluate the fetal heart with high accuracy.Theree is nothing to worry about .

Regards

|