Q. I did not remove my make up after a party and slept off. And the very next day I got small red pimples on my face. Please help.

Published on Feb 22, 2015 and last reviewed on: Dec 20, 2018

I am 18 years old, and I have this problem for about two weeks. I think this is because I did not remove my make up after a party and slept off. And the very next day, I got small red pimples on my face. I have this redness or spots on both sides of my cheeks. What could this be? Please give some affordable medicines or cream, but recommend me a good product.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic Venereology
#

This might be allergic contact dermatitis or cosmetic-induced acne. Make sure that you do not get exposed to that chemical within the next 10 days otherwise there are chances of sensitization and can cause further flare-up of the disease. Apply the following medicines on the affected areas:

1. Dermitop cream twice daily in a small amount for 10 days.
  2. Use Kz cream once daily for 15 days.

As of now, I am not prescribing any oral medication, but it might be needed if the response to the topical application is poor.

Why do I have brown spots on fingertips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only. It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish. In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they ar...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two probabilities of your condition, one is allergic contact dermatitis and the other is pompholyx which is also known as dyshidrotic eczema. Since you have not mentioned your age, complaint, onset and progression of these bumps in details, I am unable to co...  Read Full

Why does my skin of collarbone constantly reacts and breaks out?

Query: Hello doctor,I have this issue on my collarbone where my skin constantly reacts and breaks out since high school. I would wear crew neck shirts to cover it. More recently I have controlled breakouts with a salicylic acid skin wash but it is more than breakout prone skin. I also cannot wear necklaces...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Well, there is nothing to be ashamed of and your problem has nothing to do with cleanliness. I do not know why your doctor has said so. Anyways be patient. You are having two problems. Contact dermatitis which is a type of allergy caused b...  Read Full

Please advise the best treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have started getting heel pain after exerting in tennis. Please see the photo of the pain area marked in red. Initially, I had continuous pain while walking. It is slightly more on the first few steps after rest or sleep. My physiotherapist suggested it could be a plantar fasciitis and ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in the area of heel region, which has been marked by you and it looks like plantar fasciitis, which has already been mentioned to you. Just let me know whether there are any other signs and symptoms of inflammation like skin redness, local warmt...  Read Full