Q. Is it fine to take Metronidazole and Tergynan during pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Uzma Arqam and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Effects Of Drugs During Pregnancy or Vaginosis? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am six weeks pregnant. Before knowing that I was pregnant, I was treated for recurrent bacterial vaginosis with Metronidazole orally and Tergynan vaginally for a week approximately on weeks 4 to 5 of pregnancy. How it can harm my baby? Cause I heard that it is contraindicated in first trimester.