Eggs In Diet

Is fenugreek good for a thyroid patient?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23 year old unmarried female. I am suffering from thyroid disorder since three years. I am unable to gain weight. My weight is 42 since seven years. My TSH level is always normal, either 3 or 2 or 4. When I visited my doctor, he said the thyroid function is fine and no need to worr...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patients with hypothyroidism usually gain weight. Your issue is weight loss which is seen in hyperthyroidism. As your thyroid TSH is in the normal range,  you can continue the same treatment. For gaining weight, you need to take food which is adequate that is, it should...  Read Full »

How could Vitamin D affect my skin? Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor, How could Vitamin-D affect my skin? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin whose primary function is to maintain calcium and phosphorus levels in our body. Vitamin D is present in certain foods like eggs, liver, shiitake mushroom. Vitamin D Synthesis also occurs in our body that starts in the skin in the p...  Read Full »

Please suggest a non-vegetarian diet plan for diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old female. I am on diabetic medication since two years. I have attached my reports. Two months ago, my blood sugars were 149 FBS and 154 PPBS. The doctor had prescribed Istamet 50/500 (1-0-1), Gliclapack 30 mg (1-0-0), and Benipack 4 mg (1-0-1). Last week, the sugars w...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Suryawanshi

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The diet plan for you is as follows: Early morning: green tea or black tea. After 10 minutes: three to four soaked almonds and walnuts. Breakfast: one glass of skimmed milk and three idlis with sambhar (avoid coconut chutney) or khandvi or besan chela or moong d...  Read Full »

Can Practin tablet be used to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My height is 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 41 kg. I need to put on weight. I have fast metabolism. Can I take Practin and Decdan tablets? It is suggested by one of my friend. Thank you.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tablets Practin (Cyproheptadine hydrochloride) and Decdan (Dexamethasone) would just add water retention in the body and not increase the muscle mass. So once you leave it, your body shall return back to low weight itsel So, Practin and Decdan are not recommende...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines to increase breast size.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old. I have very small breast and I am not comfortable about it. Everyone keeps joking about it. Is there any medicine to increase my breast size? Please suggest some solution. Thank you.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To be very honest, to make you happy, I can tell you oils which claim to increase the breast size but all are ineffective. Try to understand that the breast is made up of muscles and fatty tissue. So, how can any oil or cream increase the fat over the breast!! Think. T...  Read Full »

After working out, is it safe to have protein shake?

Query: Hi doctor, I started gym a few days ago. Can I take protein shake (whey protein) after my workout? Is it safe? I do not have any known food allergies. I have attached my anthropometry chart with BMI. I heard that protein will make the person unhealthy after stopping it. Is it true? Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I must say that as per your height and weight your BMI (body mass index) is fine. Now you should start taking good quality foods enriched with protein. Once you are taking whey protein, it is like one-sided food. As you need more energy to do a workout, it...  Read Full »

How do I reduce my belly fat?

Query: Hi doctor, I started going to the gym a few days ago. Comparatively, I am taking good diet now. But, my belly fat is increasing. Currently, I am under the following diet, 7 AM:- Breakfast with two boiled eggs; 10:30 AM:- Two boiled eggs; 12:30 PM:- Lunch; 4 PM:- Two bananas and by 4:30 PM I go to th...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your breakfast is fine. You should not take too many eggs. You should not take again the same two boiled eggs at 10:30 AM and after working out. Instead of egg, you can try sprouts, green peas, stew, milk 200 ml, oat, and dalia 100 g approximately. Take vegetarian/non-v...  Read Full »

How can I attain appropriate height and weight for my age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My weight is 53 kg and height is 167 cm. I look small for my age. There is no appropriate growth. Can you suggest any medication or supplement for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Vidhi Hareshbhai Talati

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and I would like to suggest you some natural way to increase your body growth. There are many factors that affect the body height and weight such as gender, age, genetics, lifestyle, diet, etc. If there is no weight gain despite eating ...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count at home?

Query: Hi doctor, Do eggs included in the diet increase the sperm count in men? If not, what medication should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Egg is a rich source of protein. Protein is required for healthy sperm formation. Hence, it contributes indirectly to sperm formation. Green leafy vegetables are also rich in protein and they aid in semen formation. Apart from these, you can take capsule Absolut 3G...  Read Full »

Why am I so lean even after eating healthy foods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male weighing 45 kg and my height is 5'5". My concern is why I am so lean despite of eating healthy foods. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for using this platform. First of all I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out blood test that is preventing you from gaining weight. In order to build muscle and body, there is no better way than going to gym and supplementing it with...  Read Full »