Q. Can you please suggest changes to my son's food chart?

Answered by Dr. Preeti Puranik and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diet Chart or Diet Plan? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My son is 3 and a half years old and his weight is 14.5 kg. Since he started going to school recently, there is a change in his diet. He eats eggs from the age of one and he likes to eat non-vegetarian food. As my husband is on a paleo non-vegetarian diet, my son takes more meat now and I am a little concerned about his diet. He eats one egg every day and sometimes two. He eats meat in the form of mutton, chicken or fish thrice a week. His food chart is as follows: 

Morning: Light breakfast of either one dosa or roti or chocolate-flavoured cereal with milk.

Snack:    Roti, paneer roll with cheese or egg dosa or bread omelet with cheese or french toast.

Lunch:    One roti and rice with dal and one vegetable.

Snack:    One banana and a glass of milk.

Dinner:    Two roti with curry or two dosa.

Apart from the above, he has potato chips or an other fried snack twice or thrice a week, but no sweets. He is active and there are no issues with his weight. But, we are concerned about his diet. Kindly suggest changes to be made, if any.