Q. I feel like I have symptoms of low sugar. Is this due to poor nutrition?

I am a 25 year old female. My weight is 45 kg and my height is 157 cm. I feel like I have low pressure and low sugar. My symptoms are headaches and light dizziness, feeling very tense, light hand shake, lack of balance, slightly unclear vision. But, when I eat sugars or salts, I feel better and the symptoms disappear. Sometimes it happens two to three times a day and that is what worries me. I heard that eating tomatoes and carrots adjusts the pressure levels. So, I focused on eating vegetables and fruits. But, I do not see a difference. My sample meal is as follows:

I usually do not take breakfast. I just drink tea and sometimes I have bread with cheese. For lunch, I eat a piece of chicken, salad, and rice. I snack on fruits or chocolate, nuts, and biscuits. My dinner is very similar to my lunch. I drink a glass of milk before sleeping. So, why does this happen? Is it because of bad nutrition? How to adjust the sugar and pressure level?

#

I went through your post.

• Your problem is, you are not taking proper food, what is known as a balanced diet. That has caused malnutrition which is evident from your BMI of 18. A balanced diet should have carbohydrates, fats as well as protein in an appropriate amount.
  • What I would suggest are a few investigations to find out whether you have any macro or micronutrient deficiency such as:
  1. CBC (complete blood count).
  2. LFT (liver function test).
  3. Blood glucose.
  4. Serum calcium.
  5. Lipid profile.
  • Meanwhile, take a double omelet for breakfast till you get investigated. 

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|