Q. Is it normal to have a flip at one point in EKG?

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

I wanted to talk to you to see if you thought I had anything to worry about. My BP was good (112/69), cholesterol was 141, I think she said my triglycerides were 76. My kidney, liver functions were great. The EKG came back as within normal limits but there was one mark that had flipped since the last time she saw me. She said it is the lead that goes on the breast so sometimes it reads wrong because of breast tissue. This is on the breast that I had a lumpectomy on. She tried it again and it was a little flatter but still there. So I have to get an echocardiogram and treadmill test.

And she is signing me up for a calcium test. She said if I was not moving to another city next week she would wait until my next appointment in 6 months to see if that line is still there but since I am moving next week and do not have a doctor up there yet she will do the tests here. I have a history of high BP, diabetes, breast cancer and PES in both lungs. My cardiologist said that the flip was on one mark not the whole EKG. Should I be concerned about blockage?

Do you have a question on Ekg or Breast Lump?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

MBBS ., MD., DM CARDIOLOGY
Cardiology

I have gone through ECG you provided. It is showing nonspecific ST T changes in leads III and V1 to V3 (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nonspecific means not likely of ischemia. But as you are having high BP, diabetes, I will suggest you to undergo 2D echo and TMT to rule out any ischemic cause.

What is ischemia?

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

MBBS ., MD., DM CARDIOLOGY
Cardiology

Ischemia is decrease in blood supply to an organ. In this case, organ is heart. Ischemia occurs when there is blockages in arteries supplying to heart.

Also Read Answers From: Ekg Breast Lump

Why CPVT is not evident on EKGs?
Query: Hi doctor, I understand that a resting EKG cannot show catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT). I had numerous EKGs and echoes and all were normal. I read that the stress test is the only way to diagnose CPVT. I have had major panic attacks during EKGs with heart rates up to 140...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. CPVT -¬†catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia¬†is a devastating condition and is usually found and detected on Holter monitor or on stress test if asymptomatic. In case of acute attack if a person has severe chest pain or syncope ...  Read Full »

I am worried about my breast lump. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »
Dr. Sweta Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. An inflamed lump is unlikely to be a cancer. This is an often occurrence in women with babies being breastfed. It occurs due to an infection. However, any lump must be examined by a breast surgeon and if required a sample of the tissue taken in order to ascertain the ca...  Read Full »

What treatment can be done for mammary duct ectasia with chronic granulomatous mastitis?
Query: Hello doctor,I am 33 years old female. Before four years, I had a baby girl but she never did breastfeeding on my left breast. Now before one month, I have noticed I have breast lump which is never painful for me. I had reduced my weight to 8 to 10 kg from last 10 months. That is the only symptom th...  Read Full »
Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you can relax well as there is nothing to worry with this report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The breast lump excision biopsy (the removed lump) has no evidence of cancerous tissue. It has evidence of inflammation and infection. Now fe...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now