Q. Is it normal to have a flip at one point in EKG?

Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

I wanted to talk to you to see if you thought I had anything to worry about. My BP was good (112/69), cholesterol was 141, I think she said my triglycerides were 76. My kidney, liver functions were great. The EKG came back as within normal limits but there was one mark that had flipped since the last time she saw me. She said it is the lead that goes on the breast so sometimes it reads wrong because of breast tissue. This is on the breast that I had a lumpectomy on. She tried it again and it was a little flatter but still there. So I have to get an echocardiogram and treadmill test.

And she is signing me up for a calcium test. She said if I was not moving to another city next week she would wait until my next appointment in 6 months to see if that line is still there but since I am moving next week and do not have a doctor up there yet she will do the tests here. I have a history of high BP, diabetes, breast cancer and PES in both lungs. My cardiologist said that the flip was on one mark not the whole EKG. Should I be concerned about blockage?

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

#

I have gone through ECG you provided. It is showing nonspecific ST T changes in leads III and V1 to V3 (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Nonspecific means not likely of ischemia. But as you are having high BP, diabetes, I will suggest you to undergo 2D echo and TMT to rule out any ischemic cause.

| 

What is ischemia?

#

Ischemia is decrease in blood supply to an organ. In this case, organ is heart. Ischemia occurs when there is blockages in arteries supplying to heart.

| 

My EKG reports did not show CPVT. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I understand that a resting EKG cannot show catecholaminergic polymorphic ventricular tachycardia (CPVT). I had numerous EKGs and echoes and all were normal. I read that the stress test is the only way to diagnose CPVT. I have had major panic attacks during EKGs with heart rates up to 140...  Read Full »

I am worried about my breast lump. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old mother of a 11 months old. Today, I found a red, inflammation on the surface of left breast on the lower side. It is a lump kind of stuff. I am doubtful whether it is cancer. I did not see any other symptoms of breast cancer as other things look normal. I am so worried....  Read Full »

What treatment can be done for mammary duct ectasia with chronic granulomatous mastitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 33 years old female. Before four years, I had a baby girl but she never did breastfeeding on my left breast. Now before one month, I have noticed I have breast lump which is never painful for me. I had reduced my weight to 8 to 10 kg from last 10 months. That is the only symptom th...  Read Full »