Q. Why do I have an abnormal ECG?

Dr. Sapkal Ganeshrao Patilba
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have been having chest pain off and on. I also suffer acidity, although I am not on any medication. I was advised to have an ECG anyway. My ECG showed some minor variation and then was advised TMT which was normal. Please advise. Why do I have chest pains and why is my ECG not normal?

#

Chest pain occurs due to various causes. For example heart problem, lung problem, muscle problem, bone problem, stomach problem etc.

Your TMT (treadmill test) is normal. It indicates that your heart condition is likely to be healthy.

For your chest pain, the reason may be other than a heart problem.

Have you done your echocardiography?

If not, you can do it to rule out a structural heart problem.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

I did my 2D echocardiogram today and the doctor said that it is normal and well. Is there anything that I should be concerned about? What is the reason for variations in the ECG?

#

As your echocardiography, if your TMT (treadmill test) is normal then you are less likely to be having any major heart problem.

Minor ECG (echocardiography) variations do occur in people without any heart problem.

As you say that you have acidity, your chest pain may be related to it.

|