Q. Do you think I have WPW syndrome?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Mar 20, 2021

I am a 36 year old female. I am overweight. I have BP problem since a year. I was initially taking Cilacar 5 mg. Later the dose of the medicine was increased to 10 mg. I experienced dizziness and vague pain in left hand and severe burpings. Previously, during my root canal treatment when local anesthesia was given, I experienced dizziness and some discomfort in my chest. An angiogram was done, and it was normal. Another cardiologist after seeing my ECGs suggested that I may have WPW (Wolff-Parkinson-White) syndrome.  I have had anxiety attacks two or three times. What is your opinion? I am hereby attaching my reports.

#

I have carefully reviewed your health query and can well establish how worrisome this situation has been for you. It is always troublesome for patients when it comes to the heart's health.

• I want to add here that there are no signs of WPW Syndrome in your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend follow up with a cardiologist for evaluation over time if there is something that needs to be addressed in future. But right now there is nothing wrong with your heart based on the available data.
  • My primary concern is your body weight and BMI (body mass index). Your weight and waist circumference is more alarming than anything else. Start to work on decreasing your body weight. Your BMI goal is taking it in the range of 18 to 25.
  • High blood pressure also has a direct connection to obesity especially the central obesity. If you lose your weight for every like for every 10 lbs of loss, your blood pressure may fall by 5 mmHg.
  • If you want to save your heart from major diseases and want to remain healthy-my answer is, take your BMI in limits and get rid of central obesity.
  • Diet and significant lifestyle modification are needed in this context, and they are more important than blood pressure medications. Hope it helps. 

1. Fasting lipid profile.
2. Serum electrolytes.
3. Echocardiogram.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

I am uploading few more reports for your advice.

#

I have thoroughly gone through your uploaded laboratory and echocardiogram, and fortunately, there is nothing wrong with any of the results. 

• Your heart, kidneys and other body organs seem to be working optimally normal.
  • I have judged the results based on risk factors to the heart for cardiac diseases and your risk of getting a heart disease is low. You just need to follow my instructions already stated in the previous answer. This will keep you safe in future too.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|