Q. Do you think I have WPW syndrome?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Published on Jan 19, 2017

I am a 36 year old female. I am overweight. I have BP problem since a year. I was initially taking Cilacar 5 mg. Later the dose of the medicine was increased to 10 mg. I experienced dizziness and vague pain in left hand and severe burpings. Previously, during my root canal treatment when local anesthesia was given, I experienced dizziness and some discomfort in my chest. An angiogram was done, and it was normal. Another cardiologist after seeing my ECGs suggested that I may have WPW (Wolff-Parkinson-White) syndrome.  I have had anxiety attacks two or three times. What is your opinion? I am hereby attaching my reports.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have carefully reviewed your health query and can well establish how worrisome this situation has been for you. It is always troublesome for patients when it comes to the heart's health.

• I want to add here that there are no signs of WPW Syndrome in your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would recommend follow up with a cardiologist for evaluation over time if there is something that needs to be addressed in future. But right now there is nothing wrong with your heart based on the available data.
  • My primary concern is your body weight and BMI (body mass index). Your weight and waist circumference is more alarming than anything else. Start to work on decreasing your body weight. Your BMI goal is taking it in the range of 18 to 25.
  • High blood pressure also has a direct connection to obesity especially the central obesity. If you lose your weight for every like for every 10 lbs of loss, your blood pressure may fall by 5 mmHg.
  • If you want to save your heart from major diseases and want to remain healthy-my answer is, take your BMI in limits and get rid of central obesity.
  • Diet and significant lifestyle modification are needed in this context, and they are more important than blood pressure medications. Hope it helps. 

1. Fasting lipid profile.
2. Serum electrolytes.
3. Echocardiogram.

Revert back with the reports to a cardiologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

I am uploading few more reports for your advice.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

#

I have thoroughly gone through your uploaded laboratory and echocardiogram, and fortunately, there is nothing wrong with any of the results. 

• Your heart, kidneys and other body organs seem to be working optimally normal.
  • I have judged the results based on risk factors to the heart for cardiac diseases and your risk of getting a heart disease is low. You just need to follow my instructions already stated in the previous answer. This will keep you safe in future too.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Kindly explain the abnormality present in my coronary CT angiogram.

Query: Hello doctor, I recently went for a coronary CT angiogram. I received the following report. While my GP explained my arteries were clear, he did not explain the anomaly apparently, which is in the middle line of the page I have attached. Should I be concerned about this? What does it mean exactly?...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I have studied your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). One of your arteries is not following the normal anatomical course as in other people. However, this is a normal variant as is not going to harm you. There is no blocka...  Read Full

What is Obesity? Why People Become Over-Weight?

Article Overview: Obesity is a ‘silent epidemic’. This article tells about how to find if you have obesity and the reasons for it. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Who is Considered as An Obese Person? An Obese person is one who has too much body fat and thus has a negative effect on their health. A person is considered obese when they have a weight over 20% of their ideal body weight. On the other hand, one may consider body mass index. Body mass index, ...  Read Article

Is there any rule that fruits cannot be eaten on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to improve my eating habit. Please suggest based on the following information. We follow staple food in the family. Rice for lunch and dinner and roti, oats, etc., for breakfast. Predominant side dish for lunch or dinner is fish, vegetables and dal. Occasionally, chicken, mutton ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your BMI (body mass index) is around 22, which is normal. I would suggest you reduce regular intake of fish and pickles (if you are taking). Rest of your diet looks good. You can eat all vegetables and a cup of rice for noon and roti at night. Try to eat a fruit ...  Read Full