Q. The IgG values on TORCH test are high. When can we plan pregnancy?

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar
Published on Jan 14, 2017

My wife was pregnant last year, but we had to drop. After dropping pregnancy, we consulted our gynecologist and he suggested us to have TORCH test. The result of TORCH before eight months was rubella IgG 40.62 and IgM 0.62, CMV IgG 8.89 and IgM 0.28 and herpes IgG 2.97 and IgM 0.56. We had some medicines and had the TORCH test again after three months. The results were rubella IgG 59.95, CMV IgG 7.46 and herpes IgG 5.09. We continued the medications and recently had a test. The results are rubella IgG 40.62 and IgM 0.6, CMV IgG 9.46 and IgM 0.82 and herpes IgG 3.97 and IgM normal. We are now unable to understand the report. Please suggest whether we can plan a pregnancy or not? I am only taking multivitamins and Folic acid.

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Rubella, CMV (cytomegalovirus) and herpes IgG positivity (immunoglobulin G) indicate that she had these infections in the past and now is immune to them. These infections will not happen again except herpes.
  • Nothing needs to be done for these reports and you can go ahead with pregnancy after consulting a physician for ANA positivity (antinuclear antibody). ANA positivity is more significant than these all IgG positivity.
  • These IgG positivity is not going to become negative whatever treatment she takes and IgG positivity is, in fact, a good thing.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

My wife underwent TORCH test. The result of CMV is 95. Please advise.

Query: Hi, My wife underwent TORCH test. The result of CMV is 95. I heard it should be less than 95. She is pregnant for 3 months. Please advise.  Read Full »

We had a TORCH test after miscarriage. Can you explain the reports?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife was pregnant last year, but a miscarriage occurred. We consulted our gynecologist and he suggested we have a TORCH test. The result of TORCH was rubella IgG 270.30 and IgM 0.42, and CMV IgG 118.60 and IgM 0.26. We are unable to understand the report. Is this hike in the valu...  Read Full »