Elevated Igg

Can you test positive for HSV-1 even without any sores?

Query: Hi doctor, Two years back, I got STI testing and asked for all of the tests available. I am starting a new relationship and wanted to be thorough. The results showed positive for HSV type 1 (which I knew). I got cold sores when I was a kid and mildly positive for type 2. It was something I research...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, the herpes simplex virus stays dormant in your body and produces IgG antibodies, which indicate chronic infection or exposure. The IgM antibodies indicate more acute exposure or response. Under normal circumstances, HSV type 1 and type 2 make distinct antibo...  Read Full »

Do low RBC count and high IG count have any underlying pathology?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 58-year-old male with a height of 6.3 feet and weight 315 lbs. I had a CBC test done this week. The RBC, HGB, and HCT results were below average. There was an IG, and it was 0.05, and the reference range is 0.00-0.003. The IG % was 0.90, and the reference range is 0.00-1.00. This ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry for the delayed response. Following is my opinion on your asked question. The low hemoglobin and hematocrit were due to mild anemia. It could be due to any internal or intestinal bleeding or due to piles. RBC (red blood cells) count can come low due to low hemoglo...  Read Full »

Alpha 2 Globulin and Gamma Globulin are High. What Does This Mean?

Query: Hello doctor,I tested positive for an autoimmune disease. My titers were 1280. I then had more blood work done by a rheumatologist and just now received some back online. I noticed my alpha 2 globulin was high (1.12) and my gamma globulin was pretty high as well. The rest were normal on the protein ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned which autoimmune disease test has come positive. High levels of alpha 2 globulin are seen when there is a loss of albumin via urine because alpha 2 is a large molecule. It does not pass kidney filtration. So, it is retained because it is a com...  Read Full »

Please suggest the treatment for chlamydia trachomatis infection.

Query: Hi doctor, I got tested for Chlamydia trachomatis and got my report. It gives out the value as 2.2411 and the safety zone is 0.08. I would like you to suggest me the treatment. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please upload your test results for my reference. Thank you. Revert back with the reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist  Read Full »

Can paraproteins fluctuate without treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, Can paraproteins fluctuate (drop) without treatment?  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Yes, the levels can vary. In fact the levels always fluctuate and hence never used as a marker of treatment response. For further doubts consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medi...  Read Full »

IgG value is high during pregnancy. What does it indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister-in-law is in 20 weeks of gestation. She is 29 years old. She has not had any recent mononucleosis like symptoms. She was recently flagged with high IgG titers for toxoplasmosis. We are presently waiting to speak with a high risk obstetrician and gynaecologist. We are looking f...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. However I would like you to answer few questions, so that I can help you better. Firstly write down the value of IgG in your feedback together with reference values. Anyway, I understood it is elevated. Elevated IgG should be corr...  Read Full »

How do I manage my rheumatoid arthritis until I wait for my specialist?

Query: Hello doctor, My primary care physician said that I may have RA. My ESR rate was 27, my CRP was 14.1 and my CCP antibody IgG was 500. What does this mean? I have heard a high CCP result could indicate more aggression in my RA, if that is what I have.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the chances that you have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) or are developing it, are high. Anti-CCP antibodies are associated with RA and may also indicate an aggressive disease. However, there are various prognostic markers. This is only one of them. A high ESR and CRP,...  Read Full »

The IgG values on TORCH test are high. When can we plan pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife was pregnant last year, but we had to drop. After dropping pregnancy, we consulted our gynecologist and he suggested us to have TORCH test. The result of TORCH before eight months was rubella IgG 40.62 and IgM 0.62, CMV IgG 8.89 and IgM 0.28 and herpes IgG 2.97 and IgM 0.56. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Rubella, CMV (cytomegalovirus) and herpes IgG positivity (immunoglobulin G) indicate that she had these infections in the past and now is immune to them. These infections will not happen again except herpes. Nothing needs to be done for these reports and you can go ahead...  Read Full »