Q. I took plan B and had dark brown spotting with cramping and bloating. Is it due to Plan B?

I took Plan B pills 34 hours after intercourse and one week later I had dark brown spotting. Then, I started having a red bleed during the week of my period, but it was not heavy. Now towards the end of my period, it is very light. I have period cramping and bloating. Is this because of Plan B or could I be pregnant?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You have experienced a very normal behavior of bleeding patterns after Plan B usage. The bleeding ideally starts after one week and starts with scanty, then the flow increases and then decreases again. This is a normal endometrium shedding pattern after Plan B. You are unlikely to be pregnant now after your periods and bleeding.

Just likely that your next menses may be delayed or earlier and maybe heavy, this would be because of Plan B, so just maintain a menstrual calendar for the next three months. Cramping and bloating shall subside after your period as well.

| 

Having spotting after emergency contraceptive pill. Is there anything to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been sexually active for the past four months. We initially did not use protection, in order to avoid pregnancy I have used emergency contraceptive pills for a few times now. My periods got delayed by a day or two but with no major changes in the cycle. Last month I found spotti...  Read Full »

I am seven weeks pregnant through IVF. Is it normal to have brown spotting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently 7 weeks 2 days pregnant and I conceived through IVF. Two days back I started having brown spotting and I went for an ultrasound and they could see baby and heartbeat both. Now, when I go to the washroom, sometimes I see brown spots on the tissue. My doctor stopped Ecospiri...  Read Full »

I took emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex. Am I safe?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had unprotected sex. I took Plan B (72 hours) pill almost right after, four hours later. I consulted with the pharmacist on the phone but she sounded careless and told me it was safe to use. I am too young. The main question is I do not know if I should even call this vaginal sex...  Read Full »