Q. Will Trust pills work as emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex?

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

We just had sex about seven hours ago, and we did it without any protection. So my penis was inside her vagina and we did a handful of up and down movement (she was on top of me, basically sitting on me- cowgirl position), and we decided to stop because of the consequences unsafe sex may lead up to. My concern is that although we stopped way before I could have reached orgasm, precum could have secreted out of me. I am considering buying her Trust pills as it is said to work as an ECP would. In my country, Plan B is not available.

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The Levonorgestrel content from trust pills is too low. You will need five pills taken at the same time, then another five pills after 12 hours. However, your partner may feel nauseous and uneasy because this pill also contains Estrogen and a high dose of it also have side effects of nausea and vomiting. But yes, theoretically you can substitute it but be ready for the estrogen effects.

|