Q. I have emphysema. Is it fine to continue with antibiotics?

Dr. Rahul Rathee

A year ago, I was diagnosed with Emphysema, and before four years, I was diagnosed with bronchitis, but after six months, I had a warm feeling in my stomach, followed by nausea. I need to know if I should be going back to the ER or continue to take my antibiotics and not stress over it.

#

No, you need not go to the ER. The burning sensation in the stomach and nausea you are having is not related to your emphysema and bronchitis. It is actually due to the antibiotics and other medicines you are taking because antibiotics cause secretion of an excessive amount of acid in the stomach, which leads to a feeling of burning and nausea. The treatment of your problem is simple, take these medicines along with antibiotics to prevent excess acid formation.

(1) Capsule Rabeprazole two times a day.

(2) Tablet Rantac (Ranitidine) two times a day.

(3) Tablet Domperidone 10 mg two times a day.

|