Q. How does endometrial hyperplasia look in an ultrasound?

Dr. Sunita Kothari

I have attached my ultrasound report. I would like to know if I have hyperplasia. Kindly help me.

#

I saw your ultrasound report (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). It shows that you have a big fibroid in the musculature of the uterus, and the rest is nothing to worry about. If you have heavy periods and your age is above 45, or near to it, I suggest you remove the uterus and save the ovaries. If your age is less than 40 years, then I suggest you have a myomectomy.

Thank you. I wonder if my uterus lining has a normal thickness. It says 1.6 cm a week before my period. Kindly help.

#

Your endometrium thickness is more and needs biopsy if you are in the age of menopause. Better assessment can be done if you mention your age.

I am in the reproductive stage. What is the normal thickness on 23 rd day of the cycle? I have read that within 16 mm is normal.

#

Endometrial thickness of more than 14 mm is abnormal at any stage of the menstrual cycle, and I suggest it needs investigation.

Could you please check if my ultrasound results specify the thickness of the endometrium? I am not sure whether one and six represent this.

#

Your ultrasound shows that the thickness is 16 mm. I suggest you repeat the ultrasound from one more sonologist.

|