Q. My TVS showed thickened endometrium. Is it of concern?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

Hi doctor, I had symptoms of brown discharge and suggested transvaginal scan which shows thickened endometrium and impression of mildly bulky uterus and cervix. Please see the attached scan report. All blood tests are normal like TC, DC, ESR, Hb, T3, T4 and my TSH is 0. 92. Please suggest whether it is of any concern. I am undergoing medication for last 10 days Sysron-N thrice daily and since then I am not having any brown discharge. I had C-section delivery before 9 years and then had a D and C abortion four years back. I also have problems of irregular periods.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history, report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concerns.

• Your ultrasound showed thickened endometrium most likely polyp. In my opinion you should continue with the same treatment.
  • If problem persists, then get your hysteroscopy done along with polypectomy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is polyp something of concern? Also, please advise whether you are suggesting to continue with tablet Sysron N. But, my period is approaching. Should I still continue with this medicine?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• No, the polyp is not as such a cause of concern. It is usually a benign condition and can be removed through surgery.
  • You can continue Progesterone for four more days after consulting your treating doctor.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|