Q. My TVS showed thickened endometrium. Is it of concern?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Apr 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

Hi doctor, I had symptoms of brown discharge and suggested transvaginal scan which shows thickened endometrium and impression of mildly bulky uterus and cervix. Please see the attached scan report. All blood tests are normal like TC, DC, ESR, Hb, T3, T4 and my TSH is 0. 92. Please suggest whether it is of any concern. I am undergoing medication for last 10 days Sysron-N thrice daily and since then I am not having any brown discharge. I had C-section delivery before 9 years and then had a D and C abortion four years back. I also have problems of irregular periods.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history, report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and understand your concerns.

• Your ultrasound showed thickened endometrium most likely polyp. In my opinion you should continue with the same treatment.
  • If problem persists, then get your hysteroscopy done along with polypectomy.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is polyp something of concern? Also, please advise whether you are suggesting to continue with tablet Sysron N. But, my period is approaching. Should I still continue with this medicine?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• No, the polyp is not as such a cause of concern. It is usually a benign condition and can be removed through surgery.
  • You can continue Progesterone for four more days after consulting your treating doctor.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Does sesame seed help in getting periods?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was two months back. Then I postponed my period by taking lemon seeds and till now I have not got my period. I am taking sesame seeds daily for the past four days but I did not get my period. Can you please help me by giving medical prescription to get period?  Read Full »

I have a pulling sensation in my vagina. Is this a side effect of the morning-after pills?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have a minor issue. About a month and a half ago, there was an incident where the condom broke. About 36 hours later, my husband got me four of the morning-after pills, and I took them all at once. Three days later, I started experiencing nausea, soreness of ...  Read Full »

Will hysterectomy cure adenomyosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife usually has a period for six to seven days. On the first two days, she has pain. At times, she has heavy clots also. The doctor had asked us to do the scanning and some test. The scanning report is attached. 'There is anteverted and bulky uterus which measures 11.7 by 10.3 by...  Read Full »