Q. What is the treatment for thickening of endometrium lining even after a negative beta hCG?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I recently had a delay in my periods along with pelvic and abdomen pain in the left side along with nausea and gas trouble (which I never have). So I went to my gynecologist, and she recommended an internal ultrasound (report attached). My cause of concern is,

a) The endometrium lining is too thick. Is this something to worry about? Are there any medicines available for the same? What will be the duration of the treatment? When should I do a follow-up ultrasound to check thickness?

b) Will, the cyst go away on its own, or any medicines will be required? When should I do the follow-up ultrasound for cysts?

At present period is overdue 11 days. There is a pain in the left side uterus and stomach. The doctor has prescribed Crina-NCR 10 mg for five days, but the pain is constant. The beta hCG test is negative.

Thanks.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern.

I have gone through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient's identity). As per your description these symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance or could be due to pregnancy. In your pelvic ultrasound endometrial thickness maybe more due to early pregnancy, I suggest, taking your blood beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) level to rule out pregnancy, thyroid profile and hemoglobin test also. The cyst will go away. The ectopic pregnancy has to be ruled out if beta hCG levels are positive.

I hope you find the reply useful.

Thanks for the reply.

Beta hCG is negative (less than 2). Home pregnancy is negative multiple times. The thyroid level is normal 3.24. So what can be the cause of thick endometrium apart from pregnancy?

#

It could be due to hormonal imbalance or due to polyp. I suggest you go for a laparoscopic endometrial biopsy and send it for histopathological examination.

|