Q. Can I conceive naturally after endometriosis surgery?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2020

I am a 30 year old female. I have been trying to conceive for a year with endometriosis on ovary. My husband is 32 and normal. My AMH is 1.85. I am planning to get laparoscopic surgery. Can laparoscopic surgery reduce my AMH further more? What should I do?

#

The laparoscopic surgery will definitely reduce your symptoms and the endometriosis of the ovary will be taken care of.

Since AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) is a hormone, post surgery the effect of it would be a little difficult to state now.

Please get your surgery done and then repeat the test. Once the problem is solved, the body will take care of the hormone.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Should I go for IVF after laparoscopic surgery or can I try naturally to conceive?

#

• Please try natural method first, because post surgery, chances of pregnancy are very fair.
  • I suggest you start with Folic acid supplements. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • I also suggest a healthy diet and lifestyle modification. All the best and take care.

| 

Faint T Lines Appearing On Urine Pregnancy Tests,While Ultrasounds Say I Am Not Pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been trying to conceive for a few months, but every time the test comes back negative. My last periods was on the 25th of last month, and I started ovulating on the third of this month, and it ended on the 12th. My husband and I had sex on the fifth. Despite my history of irregular...  Read Full »

Should I avoid folic acid during MTHFR pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have MTHFR and PAI mutations. My doctor recommended me to take Folic acid. I read it should be avoided during MTHFR pregnancies. Along with that I am on Prozac and Euthyrox. What do you think? What should I do? Please help.  Read Full »

Can robotic-assisted partial laparoscopy be done on obese patients?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is obese and requires a robotic-assisted partial laparoscopy. I am worried about his weight 294, height 71 inches and how pneumoperitoneum may affect him during surgery. Currently, he is on Lisinopril 10 mg. There is a possibility of RCC on left kidney 2.5 cm.  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»