Q. Can I conceive naturally after endometriosis surgery?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2020

I am a 30 year old female. I have been trying to conceive for a year with endometriosis on ovary. My husband is 32 and normal. My AMH is 1.85. I am planning to get laparoscopic surgery. Can laparoscopic surgery reduce my AMH further more? What should I do?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The laparoscopic surgery will definitely reduce your symptoms and the endometriosis of the ovary will be taken care of.

Since AMH (anti-mullerian hormone) is a hormone, post surgery the effect of it would be a little difficult to state now.

Please get your surgery done and then repeat the test. Once the problem is solved, the body will take care of the hormone.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Should I go for IVF after laparoscopic surgery or can I try naturally to conceive?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Please try natural method first, because post surgery, chances of pregnancy are very fair.
  • I suggest you start with Folic acid supplements. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • I also suggest a healthy diet and lifestyle modification. All the best and take care.

|