Q. I noticed a pea-sized lump below my armpit. What could it be?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
Published on Nov 26, 2017

I just noticed I have a painless pea-sized lump just below my armpit. I am not currently ill and otherwise feel fine. What is it?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

• Actually, it is an enlarged lymph node as per your description. It is a normal phenomenon of enlargement if there is any skin infection on the same side or ingrowing nail.
  • Your body is protecting you from an infection and trying to kill the organism by trapping it in the lymph node and clear it from your body. Usually, it vanishes in a couple of days.
  • If it worsens, you should go to the doctor, in person.

Wish you healthy life.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Impetigo, an Infectious Disease in Children

Article Overview: Impetigo, one of the most common skin infections among kids usually produces blisters or sores on the face, neck, hands, and diaper area. Read Article

Impetigo is the most common skin infection in children throughout the world. Bacteria mainly enters through break in the skin, which may allow bacteria to invade the skin. After invasion bacteria multiply in deep layers of the skin and leads to blister formation. There are two classic forms of im...  Read Article

Is there any permanent cure for recurring skin infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a chronic problem for the past six to seven years. I have the problem itching in all the skin folds and the pressed areas like under the belt including genital areas and anus. I showed the same to a doctor and he diagnosed this as eczema and fungal infection. The doctor presc...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history, past treatment and its response are suggestive of intertrigo, a fungal infection of the body folds. In people with heavy sweating activities, diabetes, overweight, those wearing tight clothing and in people with prolonged sitting activities the body folds ar...  Read Full

What causes enlarged pericecal lymph nodes?

Query: Hello doctor, I just want to start off by saying that I am a 24-year-old male. I have been diagnosed with IBS in the past, and for about a good seven months I have had stomach issues on and off. Nothing serious, no weight loss or any large amounts of blood in the stool. I had one CT scan the first ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See as such mesenteric lymphadenitis does not directly represent colon cancer. It is very commonly seen post infection. So what we do is that we give antibiotics for seven days and later repeat an ultrasound abdomen after one month to check for the size of lymph nodes. ...  Read Full