Q. What causes a hard pea sized lymph node above collar bone?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2019

I am female, 36 years old, 5 feet, generally healthy. I have recently found a small hard pea sized painless lump on my left collar bone, it moves around and I have had for periods of few days at a time over last few months, very sore, tender to touch breasts. I have not seen anyone about this yet as it is recent and thought it would pass. Do I have to be concerned?

#

Tender breasts are very common during pre-menstrual phases due to hormonal causes, so do not worry for this.

The hard lump over collar bone, which is non-tender and pea sized needs to be ruled out that whether it is lipoma or an increase in supraclavicular lymphnode, which is 90 % enlarged in upper respiratory causes.

Lipoma is generally not movable, soft in consistency and is very common.

You can go for mammogram if you have any breast lump, if not, then no need to panic.

|