Q. What causes a hard pea sized lymph node above collar bone?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Published on Jul 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 17, 2019

I am female, 36 years old, 5 feet, generally healthy. I have recently found a small hard pea sized painless lump on my left collar bone, it moves around and I have had for periods of few days at a time over last few months, very sore, tender to touch breasts. I have not seen anyone about this yet as it is recent and thought it would pass. Do I have to be concerned?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

Tender breasts are very common during pre-menstrual phases due to hormonal causes, so do not worry for this.

The hard lump over collar bone, which is non-tender and pea sized needs to be ruled out that whether it is lipoma or an increase in supraclavicular lymphnode, which is 90 % enlarged in upper respiratory causes.

Lipoma is generally not movable, soft in consistency and is very common.

You can go for mammogram if you have any breast lump, if not, then no need to panic.

What can be done regarding fat balls on body, some of which are painful?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old and my weight is normal. I have fat balls on my body everywhere and some are painful. How can I get rid of those? Please help.  Read Full »

For how many cycles can I take Clomid 50 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been trying to conceive for the past seven months. I have regular 28 day cycle. Recently, I got a hormone test for FSH, LH and prolactin, uterus scan and my husband's semen analysis. Everything was normal. My doctor prescribed me Clomid 50 mg on day 4 to day 9 an...  Read Full »

What are the early signs of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 26 year old female. I am trying to get pregnant. My doctor recommended me to take Susten 200 after the ovulation period. Now, I am on the 29th day of my cycle. I have some pregnancy symptoms. But, I am not sure. Please give me some clarity. I am scared too.  Read Full »