Q. My epiglottis is big and white. Why?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 23, 2019

I am scared because I can see my epiglottis, which is big and white. Is this dangerous?

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

It is normal. Some people can see that. It means you have a good spacious airway and less chance of sleep apnoea.

I am really worried something is wrong. I have not seen my glottis before, and it looks white. Why?

#

You cannot see your glottis, but you can see only the epiglottis, which is a structure above the glottis or voice box. The epiglottis is a cartilaginous structure covered by mucosa, and it is white. The mucosa of mouth which appears red due to underlying vessels. Cartilages are avascular, and your epiglottis is not inflamed. If inflamed it will be red.

My father is unable to speak clearly of late and his voice sounds different. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I am worried about my father. He is not able to speak clearly of late. He feels that his tongue has swollen. I have consulted many doctors, but they were unable to diagnose his disease. All his test reports are alright. There was no problem detected. But one doctor tells us that the mu...  Read Full »

I have inflammation and small red bumps on the penis after sex and masturbation. Is this balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have inflammation of the penis head and small red bumps on the outer edge of the penis after sex and masturbation. The bumps occur and disappear after a few days. I have been using antifungal cream for about a month and also took antibiotics. It looks like it has vanished but occurs b...  Read Full »

I have protected sex and after that I get inflammation in urinary tract. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have protected sex with stranger and after that I get inflammation in urinary tract. Should I get worried about it?  Read Full »