Q. What causes inflammation of urinary tract after protected sex?

Published on Jun 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2019

I have protected sex with stranger and after that I get inflammation in urinary tract. Should I get worried about it?

Hematology Pathology
#

If you have symptoms of inflammation of urinary tract than you have to rule out urinary tract infection. For that, I suggest you investigate with urine routine microscopic examination report and urine culture for primary work-up. You can revert back with reports once done. Meanwhile, drink lots of water and avoid excess spicy foods intake. Cranberry juice extract tablet also needs to be taken for seven days. You have done protected sex so chance of sexually transmitted diseases is very unlikely.

| 
Still can I start PREP treatment preexposure prophylaxis for precautions

Hematology Pathology
# Hello, welcome back to the icliniq. Com

The pre exposure prophylaxis can be done if you are at higher risk for HIV transmission.

But it can provide protection up to 90-93% only if used consistently.

I usually preferred to avoid risky exposure for HIV prevention.
The preexposure prophylaxis is not the only mean to prevent HIV.

Hope this will help you.
Regards

| 

Can HIV be contracted with protected sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I had protected sex with a sex worker and according to my knowledge condom did not break and slip. Can I contract HIV? I took HIV combo test CMIA method at 28th-day and the result came negative. Again on the 35th day and 41st day both were negative. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Antibiotics for urinary tract infection treatment

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from urinary tract infection. I get these once in every couple of years. I need to get an antibiotic to get rid of it. Please help.  Read Full »

Can you suggest the treatment for urinary tract infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with urinary tract infection (E.coli) three months back. I took Ciprofloxacin for 10 days, but there is no sign of improvement. Now I have a dull pain in the back region, waist, and sometimes at flank. There is complete body weakness, mild fever, tingling sensation at h...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now