Q. I got white bumps on the back of my tongue, two weeks after oral sex. Is it HPV?

Answered by Dr. Ashish Jayanand Chandwadkar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Tongue Blisters or Std? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I got white bumps on the back of my tongue, two weeks after oral sex.  Is it HPV?

I am a 28 year old female, and I have white bumps on the back of my tongue. I also have painful white sores on the sides of the tongue. I have been getting painful sores on the tip of my tongue quite frequently for the past two months. But this time, the pain was severe. I did get some relief after taking a few antibiotics. What could be the possible causes? I have attached pictures of the sores. I am extremely worried about it being cancerous or due to HPV infection.