Q. How can inflammation of the eye be cured?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

My eye was inflamed and I applied Pred Forte and the inflammation disappeared. I work on the computer a lot. In the past, there has been some redness, but cold compresses have been helpful. The redness is back again now. My eyes always go red after I wake up. I applied some Pred Forte again and as earlier, the redness disappeared. There has been no itching, no irritation, no sensitivity, no pain, no visual changes. What can be done for this? I have attached a picture of my eye for your reference.

#

I have seen your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

• It appears to be episcleritis.
  • I suggest you take a milder medicine but this too has to be tapered and stopped.
  • I suggest you start Tobramycin plus Fluorometholone eye drop three times a day for five days. Then, taper it to two times a day for the next one week and then taper this to once in morning for one week and then stop after the third week.
  • I suggest you can also start Moxifloxacin plus Ketorolac eye drop twice daily for one month and then stop it. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|