Q. How can erection issues during sex be treated?

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

I am 32 years old, married, planning for a baby. I am getting some erection issues. All tests are done and it is fine. The reports are fine. I do not know how to proceed.

Do you have a question on Erectile Dysfunction or Penile Doppler?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Gajanan Bhat

MS GENERAL SURGERY ., MS UROLOGY
General Surgery Urology

Erectile dysfunction could be organic or psychogenic. People with psychogenic erectile dysfunction tend to have early morning spontaneous erections normally and the same is absent in those with organic causes. If you have normal early morning erections, you can help yourself with a daily dose of Tadalafil 5 mg one in the night after food, which is supplemented with Tadalafil 10 mg on the day of planned intercourse three hours prior to intercourse.

The action remains for 24 hours. Initially, you may have some headache or body ache but settles with daily dosing. You should be able to perform sex with this if there are no organic causes. If you cannot, then please get back to me with penile doppler.

Also Read Answers From: Erectile Dysfunction Penile Doppler

What is the role of ringer's lactate solution in self insemination kit?
Query: Hello doctor,I was diagnosed with ED after a penile Doppler study and observed with low blood flow. We both have been checked and confirmed with no issues with HSG (tube test, semen analysis, etc.). As we want to have a baby, and all the reports are normal, (only problem is ED, not able to perf...  Read Full »
Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ringer lactate is not mandatory. Sometimes, it helps with the sperm speed, but you can do without it. Your erection problem may be due to stress or anxiety or due to any medicine or nutritional supplement if you are taking any. Penile Doppler often gives erroneous ...  Read Full »

What tests can be done for erectile dysfunction in a diabetic?
Query: Hi doctor, This is regarding a male, 27 years. He is suffering from type 1 diabetes from the age of 5 years. He is having an erection but is unable to sustain it during the intercourse. Firstly, he is not sure if he is suffering from ED or is it just anxiety. Are there any tests to be sure of ED? S...  Read Full »
Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your symptoms and I would like to know a few more details to answer your query better. Is he able to achieve an erection sufficient for vaginal penetration during intercourse? Is the loss of erection due to early ejaculation or happens without ejacul...  Read Full »

I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and under L-Arginine. Please solve my problem.
Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. Early morning sex power is also very low. There is a quick immature erection. The genital part does not stand properly. Right now, I am taking 1000 mg L-Arginine once daily. Can you please solve my problem?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. For your erectile dysfunction problem, you have to rule out organic cause like thickening of an artery supplying penis due to fat deposition. It is called atherosclerosis thickening of the artery. For that color Doppler ultrasound, penile angiography can be done....  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now