Q. Why is there lower abdominal pain and chest burning with blood in vomit?

Dr. Lohit Chauhan
Published on Nov 30, 2018

I am experiencing lower abdominal pain and chest burning and constant bloating and I am gassy today and when I threw up it burned even worse in my chest and throat with some blood mixed in it. I am a smoker. But what could this be? I have been told before without tests that it is gastritis but I am so scared. This has been happening since I gave birth to my son.

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

#

In your query you have mentioned a little bit of blood, a little for you could be a sizable amount in the eyes of a physician. Also, you have mentioned that you developed vomiting mixed with blood during or after your pregnancy. During the course of pregnancy some mother's can develop esophageal varices (dilated veins), but usually, these varices do not bleed. You should get an upper GI endoscopy done in consultation with a gastroenterologist. Endoscopy will just rule out the worrisome diagnosis and if it is esophagitis it can be treated with PPI (proton pump inhibitor) and dietary and lifestyle modifications.

Can my abdominal pain after cholecystectomy throw me into SVT?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old male, 5'7", 235 lbs. I am suffering from SVT, degenerative disc L4 to S1, ulcerative colitis. Have undergone appendectomy (more than 10 years ago), tonsillectomy (more than 10 years ago), cholecystectomy (three years back). Medicines I am taking are Lopressor 50 mg t...  Read Full »

I have burning sensation on the internal walls of vagina. Why is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have burning sensation and itching on internal walls of vagina after sex and after ovulation. I am facing this problem for the past 6 to 8 months. For past 1 week, I am unable to have sex and while passing urine the nerve pains. We are trying to get pregnant for more than 7 years. Curre...  Read Full »

Can burning sensation of throat occur from acid reflux?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I just like to share a problem with you related to my throat. For the last 10 days or so, I am feeling a scratch or burning like sensation behind the uvula. I do not have any problem with eating. The sensation tends to remain silent at night during sleep, but agai...  Read Full »