Esophagitis

Why do I have the feeling of something stuck in the throat post COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with COVID-19. My doctor prescribed me Dexamethasone, Famotidine 40 mg, Ab-FLO, Faronem 200 mg, and Zeet syrup. These medicines I took for 13 days as advised by the doctor. After that, lots of acne arises on my face. So I went to the dermatologist, and he recommended ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me congratulate you on being a COVID-19 survivor. Allopathic medicines have effects as well as side effects. They have side effects because they are effective. The acne that you had was probably the side effect of Dexamethasone that you took for COVI...  Read Full »

I am unable to swallow food without water. Why?

Query: Yesterday night suddenly could not swallow food and threw up the gulp of food that refused to go down, could only swallow a few sips of water after and constantly felt a choking sensation. Have felt the sensation and swallowing anything except liquids or soft solids is near impossible, can only swal...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

Answer: Hi First of all do not panic. I need to know a few more things. 1.Whether you have ingested any caustic substance such as too acidic or too alkaline prior to your present illness? 2.Whether you remember any fish bone or any other hard food substance that may have stuck in your food pipe? 3.Wheth...  Read Full »

Can stomach ulcers result in chest pain?

Query: Good day, please i was diagnose with hep b positive 18months ago, my consulting tild me my condition iş inactive and need no medication. some month back i was feeling hurt at my chest i was later diagnose with ulcer. some some weeks now have been having pains around my chest and most especially mi...  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to i cliniq You have been diagnosed with inactive hepatitis B, for that I will request you to send me all your laboratory work so that a decision about the treatment can be taken. you now having central chest pain which looks like to due to esophageal ulcer called esophagitis and yo...  Read Full »

I hurt my stomach before four weeks and still having burning sensation and acid reflux. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure I am over-stressing, but I have noticed when I drink cold icy water I can feel it go down to my stomach. I hurt my tummy muscle four weeks ago, and still not 100 percent cured. It still burns and I get acid reflux as well my throat is dry and sore. My breath is smelly and I...  Read Full »

Dr. Dalia Mostafa Nayel

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As for the feeling of cold water going down your thirst and the acid reflux, both indicate an inflammatory condition esophagitis and gastritis. This can be treated with a proton pump inhibitor Controloc (Pantoprazole) once daily and an antacid Ranitidine before every...  Read Full »

I feel like I have something stuck in my chest. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male, and I feel like something is stuck in my chest for about a week now. And this feeling is not going away. It is very uncomfortable, and I am scared about having cancer. I have been to a doctor, and he says I have an inflamed esophagus, but medicines are not hel...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greetings of the day. Yes, it could be inflammation of the esophagus because it has an acute onset. Other possibilities are an esophageal stricture, causing narrowing of the lumen and pain while swallowing. There are various causes of inflammation and stricture of the...  Read Full »

What can cause RUQ pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from NAFLD for the last six months. Now, I am having RUQ heaviness, back pain and flatulence for the last three months. I had several tests and I have given the details below with the findings. USG of whole abdomen - hepatomegaly with fatty liver, fibroscan - 3.2 kPa me...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the detailed history. Your abdominal pain appears to be either coming from your stomach (gastritis and esophagitis) or from the hiatus hernia or gall bladder stones or dysfunction. Do you have any relation of your symptoms with food, like certain foods (f...  Read Full »

I have lower abdominal pain and chest burning with blood in vomit. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am experiencing lower abdominal pain and chest burning and constant bloating and I am gassy today and when I threw up it burned even worse in my chest and throat with some blood mixed in it. I am a smoker. But what could this be? I have been told before without tests that it is gastri...  Read Full »

Dr. Lohit Chauhan

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your query you have mentioned a little bit of blood, a little for you could be a sizable amount in the eyes of a physician. Also, you have mentioned that you developed vomiting mixed with blood during or after your pregnancy. During the course of pregnancy some mothe...  Read Full »

Is stress chest pain related to heart or GERD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am suffering from stress chest pain for the past one year. 2D echo and ECG are also normal. Is it related to heart or GERD or chest wall? I am taking Cita-S 10 mg and Pantosec.  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your pain at your chest wall may be due to stress or heartburn from acid reflux. I am suggesting that you have developed a stress ulcer which can lead to acid reflux esophagitis. Are you on any form of stress lately? If so please take some time off for adequate res...  Read Full »

Why am I getting chest pain while having food?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having chest pain or esophagus pain while having food for the last two days. The pain is repeated for every 5 to 10 minutes. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of chest pain. Pain while eating food is related to esophageal disorders like esophagitis, esophageal erosions, gastroesophageal reflux disease, esophageal spasm or peptic ulcer disease. The serious causes of chest pain like heart related problem...  Read Full »

What is the reason for nausea and loss of appetite?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has been feeling very unwell. He is having nausea and dry retching in the morning, loss of appetite, weight loss and muscle loss. His blood work shows elevated ferritin of 537 and low sodium of 132. He has had a normal colonoscopy, endoscopy, abdominal ultrasound and CT scan....  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: Increased serum ferritin (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is usually a sign of chronic inflammation. Here the symptoms of nausea, loss of appetite and morning symptoms indicate possible gastric cause. ...  Read Full »