Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have headache with rapid heartbeat. Is it due to thrombocytosis?

Answered by
Dr. Prathish Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 19, 2020

Hi i need medical assistance when it comes to my blood. My friend which is an emergency doctor suspected that i might have Thrombocytosis. I am so worried cause i keep on having tachycardia, as if my heart is having hiccups and it beats so fast. I always feel either dizzy or i have headaches. I'm so afraid since there is a pandemic issue as well. I don't want to die so soon. I don't know if it is related but I feel weak at some days and tired. I also lose some weight but it is a gradual process and there are days that is hard to breath. There are also days that I feel some pressure on my ears and some numbness.



I understand youbare worried about your blood test results..I have gone thorugh your investigation reports..More than a slight increase in platelets, there are other findings abnormal in peripheral smear. Presence of rouleaux formationbusually occurs in a condition called Multiple myeloma and smudge cells are usually present in Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) althought it might be present in certain normal individuals also.

The chances of CLL for you is less since your leucocyte numbers are normal in Complete blood count..But, we need to do certain other investigations to check for multiple myeloma..I have adviced certain investigations.. Kindly review back with reports..And dont get tensed for yourself, there are artefacts in many reports and it could be normal also.. Unless otherwise it is proved you are a normal individual. Take care. Best regards.

Investigations to be done:


Differential diagnosis:


Probable diagnosis:

Multiple Myeloma

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Can reactive thrombocytosis cause stroke?

Upon workup, patient presented with thrombocytosis, elevated WBC, severely depleted iron levels and MRI and CT scan confirmed acute ischemic stroke ...   Read full

What is the condition when there is low haemoglobin and high platelet count?

s blood test report shows low hemoglobin 109 and high platelet count 623000 ... Increased platelet is called thrombocytosis (attac...   Read full

Is it normal to have high platelet count in a high blood pressure patient?

I have high blood pressure problem from the last one month (silent BP) and my kidneys are damaging beacuse of this and my platelet count is 12 lakhs ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

My platelet count is high. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you please help me understand my test results? My platelet count is at 1314, and my doctors are unable to give me a specific reason for it.  Read Full »

Why is the platelet count high in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 12 months old baby girl got high platelet in her anemia blood test. Hemoglobin and WBC are normal, her platelet was 1170. After three days we made a test again and got the result 960. What can I do now, baby is fine. No unusual symptoms. Sometimes, she gets cold and fever but that i...  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Hematologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As content published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.