Q. I have headache with rapid heartbeat. Is it due to thrombocytosis?

Dr. Prathish Kumar
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

Hi i need medical assistance when it comes to my blood. My friend which is an emergency doctor suspected that i might have Thrombocytosis. I am so worried cause i keep on having tachycardia, as if my heart is having hiccups and it beats so fast. I always feel either dizzy or i have headaches. I'm so afraid since there is a pandemic issue as well. I don't want to die so soon. I don't know if it is related but I feel weak at some days and tired. I also lose some weight but it is a gradual process and there are days that is hard to breath. There are also days that I feel some pressure on my ears and some numbness.

#

Hello

I understand youbare worried about your blood test results..I have gone thorugh your investigation reports..More than a slight increase in platelets, there are other findings abnormal in peripheral smear. Presence of rouleaux formationbusually occurs in a condition called Multiple myeloma and smudge cells are usually present in Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) althought it might be present in certain normal individuals also.

The chances of CLL for you is less since your leucocyte numbers are normal in Complete blood count..But, we need to do certain other investigations to check for multiple myeloma..I have adviced certain investigations.. Kindly review back with reports..And dont get tensed for yourself, there are artefacts in many reports and it could be normal also.. Unless otherwise it is proved you are a normal individual. Take care. Best regards.

SERUM CALCIUM, RFT
SERUM PROTEIN ELECTROPHORESIS
XRAY SKULL LATERAL VIEW

CLL

Multiple Myeloma

|