Etizolam

Can Etizolam be used for inducing sleep?

Query: Dear Doctor, All my life (since as far back as I can remember in early childhood) I have struggled with chronic insomnia. I have tried every sorts of pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment you could imagine, having seen at least seven doctors over 15 years. I have tried everything from z...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like to congratulate you and your doctor for finding a solution for your long standing problem which caused lots of impairment at your end. Regarding your statement "people build a tolerance to etizolam and so it must not be taken long term" I like...  Read Full »

I am unable to fall asleep. Taking ETIZOLA 0.5 for every night. Please advice me.

Query: Dear Doctor, My problem is that, I am unable to fall asleep and it persists for more than a year now. Now started taking ETIZOLA 0.5 for every night. Slight headache is also felt whenever I fail to sleep. I am a male, 38 years old, teetotaller (never drinks alcohol).  Read Full »

Dr. Ananth S

Andrologist, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Chronic insomnia in a middle aged man who is a teetotaller is not very common. (Read expert advice for getting a good night's sleep) One leading cause of insomnia, or inability to fall asleep (Initial Insomnia) is Major Depression. If you experience periods of increased worrying, decreased energ...  Read Full »

The left side of my chest feels warm. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old. I am obese and have a family history of cardiac arrest. My father got cardiac arrest at the age of 53. I have consulted the local cardiologist and gone through ECG, echo, TMT, lipid, hs-CRP and other blood tests. All the tests were normal except heart rate, which was...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This kind of chest pain occurs during stress and anxiety only. We label them nonspecific cardiac chest pain. But, we should always keep in consideration cardiac chest pain and acid reflux. It is important to differentiate between the all. However, the cardiac c...  Read Full »

I am skeptical regarding the drugs prescribed to me. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a panic disorder and severe insomnia worsened by my anxiety. My doctor prescribed me Ambien 5 mg or Zolfresh 5 mg at night, Paxil-CR 12.5 mg at night, Etizolam 0.5 mg twice a day and Divalproex 500 mg once in a day. I also have suicidal ideations when I do not sleep well and gets p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the query and understand your concerns. If your diagnosis is panic disorder, anxiety and major depressive disorder, then the prescription of Paxil CR (Paroxetine) and Etizolam is completely on the line of treatment and I do not feel anybody should rais...  Read Full »

Does my MRI explain as to why am I feeling lost and confused?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old woman who has been experiencing mental confusion, concentration problems, memory loss, blurry vision, burning sensation in my head, personality change, and short-term memory loss. I forget conversation, repeat questions over and over, zone out when people are talking t...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your MRI of the brain is normal, except some sinusitis. I would like to ask a few questions. Since when are you experiencing these symptoms? Do you have a headache or vomiting? Is there any history of seizures or loss of consciousness? How is your sleep? Are you t...  Read Full »

What medicine can treat my performance anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, I am married for about six months. I seem to have performance anxiety during sexual intercourse. But I am fine with masturbating though. I have proper erections. But cannot stay erect during intercourse. I have no family problems. I have tried relaxing techniques and all, but no hope....  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Performance anxiety is quite common in newly married couples. If you are not getting relief with deep breathing and relaxation, you could try anti-anxiety pills. I would also recommend taking a tablet to help with erection for a few times until you get confident. ...  Read Full »

Is long-term use of Etizolam harmful?

Query: Hi doctor, I was prescribed Etizolam 0.5 mg and Escitalopram for a month, as I had insomnia, stress, and anxiety. However, during the last week, it did not seem to work. I was struggling with sleep. Is it possible that I become addicted to the drug? Will I need a higher dose to get the same effect...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Etizolam is not a sleep medicine but an anxiolytic. Long-term use of benzodiazepines like Etizolam is not advisable because of tolerance and addiction potential. They are used for a short-term to support the main medications like Escitalopram, which need to be taken f...  Read Full »

Can I take Etilaam along with Mobizox?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking antibiotic for bad throat and Mobizox for back pain. Since I get anxiety when I take flight, now can I take Etilaam along with Mobizox? I hope they will not react with each other. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Aamir Mohd

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can take. It is not a problem to worry. But, you should avoid driving by yourself because Etilaam (Etizolam) will make you sleepy. Take care. For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-onl...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Bupropion and Nexipride together?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with the somatic symptom disorder. While in anxious situations, it feels like paralysis or nervous breakdown might happen. Also, my hands become cold and my forehead becomes hot. Since the past 1 year, I am on Etizola Beta (Etizolam 0.5 and Propranolol 20) on a total of f...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no interaction between Bupropion and Nexipride (Levosulpiride); hence, no safety issue arises with this combination. Amisulpride is commonly added as an adjunct medication for synergistic effect. Instead, the point which should be taken into consideration is t...  Read Full »

How to get proper sleep with medicine during depression?

Query: Hi doctor, I began taking Valium 5 mg for the past 40 years for the depression. It gradually went up to Valium 10 mg taking three to five tablets every night. Later on, I took a psychiatric advice. The doctor told me to quit the tablet but I was not able to do it. Now, the present doctor says, it i...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Etizolam is a mild Benzodiazepine and the drug cannot help in sleep on considering the long-term use of Diazepam. To get sleep, you can think of taking Clonazepam for some time. Since you are on Etizolam 2 mg now, so in this state, an equivalent dose will be around 1 mg...  Read Full »