Q. I have lightheadedness. Is it due to GAD medicines?

I have chest heaviness and lightheadedness along with muscular spasms.

#

I went through your post.

Lightheadedness and feeling of fainting are either due to low blood pressure or an abnormal rhythm of the heart. You will need a BP check and ECG so that any abnormality could be picked up.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

But, I had a TMT test and the tests were negative. The doctors say that my heart is absolutely fine. I also am on Paxidep CR 12.5 medication and Etilaam 0.5 mg tablet for GAD.

#

If your cardiac is normal then I do not think you should worry. Consult your doctor about decreasing the dosage of Etilaam to 0.25 because this drug can cause lightheadedness and instead I suggest starting tablet Vertin CR 24 mg (Betahistine) once a day.

|