Etonogestrel Contraceptive Implant

Does my continuous period imply that I am losing more eggs?

Query: Hi, I got the contraceptive implant and have been on my period ever since, i’m getting worried about how many eggs i would have passed and weather or not i’ll lose my fertility earlier than i should because of this constant period. Im 18 years old  Read Full »

Dr. Dwipannita Kalita

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, When you said contraceptive implant, I’m guessing it’s Nexplanon. Are you having continuous periods without any days or weeks off without it? Is there any change in the amount of bleeding as Compared before the implant? Is it bleeding or spotting? One of the common side effects of such impla...  Read Full »

Why am I bleeding heavily, six weeks after delivery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am currently (almost) 6 weeks postpartum. I had sex at 4 weeks of postpartum and I got the Nexplanon inserted a couple of days before that. My doctor checked to see whether my uterus was still up high and it was not. Also, I did not have any tearing during birth. My bleeding stopped at ...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Post delivery your body is tender and in a state of recovery. It is not yet ready to take so much stress and strain. Usually, this could be due to the Nexplano...  Read Full »

Can the Nexplanon implant cause two periods every month?

Query: I’ve been on nexplanon for a year after my first baby. Every since the implant I have 2 periods every month. Before I started birth control I was regular. I knew exactly when I was starting my period. Recently my doctor told me to take birth control pills while on nexaplanon to see if it would de...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: dear welcome to iclinq. com Implanon is associated with altered bleeding patterns. generally it settels by a year time... 15 to 17 percent may continue to have very heavy n long cycle after implanon( this is becos of the progestronic effect on endometrium) ... do take hematinics as heavy bleedin...  Read Full »

Will nexplanon increase the risk of ectopic pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. I have a 2-year-old kid. I currently have the nexplanon implant birth control. I had a pregnancy scare a month ago but started my period finally. The day after my period stopped is when intercourse happened. Two days after that I woke up and I had a little bit of b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering the fact that you are using nexplanon, it is unlikely that the bleed would be probably due to pregnancy or even ectopic simply because nexplanon is a progesterone implant which prevents ovulation, make the endometrial lining unsuitable for the implant an...  Read Full »

I was on Nexplanon and I did not get last three months period. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had Nexplanon in for six months and had a period on it for three months straight. But, I did not get period for the last three months. I had it removed before 20 days and no period still. While on it, I would throw up and even after having it removed, I puked. Since being removed, my n...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nexplanon is a progesterone having implant (Etonogestrel). After insertion, the menses can be irregular or even stopped for 6 months to almost 1 year. But, if you had not gotten your period since last three months and you had regular intercourse, then you should do a...  Read Full »

Are Ovral pills reliable to avoid pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, Can we rely 100 % on Ovral pills to avoid pregnancy? What are the side effects? Is there any other option with no side effects to avoid pregnancy for two years?  Read Full »

Dr. Monica Mathur

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ovral pills (combination of Ethinyl estradiol and Levonorgestrel) are 100 % reliable if taken regularly. They have very few side effects and can be taken same time every day. If you miss one tablet it is okay, but if missed twice, can lead to failure in that particu...  Read Full »

I am bleeding while on birth control. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. I am 134.3 pounds and approximately 5'6" tall. I am a new mother of 1.5 month old baby girl. I am on birth control and using the Nexplanon bar inserted into the arm postpartum. My issue is that I have started bleeding now. I am not breastfeeding and there is no milk pro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, after childbirth, there is bleeding in the form of lochia (normal uterus discharge after delivery), which is normal and usually lasts three weeks where the endometrium is shed Also, breastfeeding promotes early involution of the uterus. So, it is advisab...  Read Full »