Q. Why does my buttock stink badly?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 16, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 25, 2020

I am a 32 year old male. My buttock always stinks badly. Please help.

#

1. Excessive sebum production due to massive hair in the area.
2. Can be an issue of the external anal sphincter that causes leakage of fecal matter from anus and causes smell.
3. Can be a hygiene issue.

1. Anal sphincter tonometry and anoscopy.
2. For proper diagnostic evaluation you need a consultation from gastroenterologist surgeon who may also go for a proctoscopy if needed.
3. Management options are best decided after diagnostic tests.

1. Shave the area very well and keep dry.
2. While going restroom do not rely only on the paper towels. Rather use plenty of water to wash thoroughly every time in restroom.
3. Apply some scented roll on the area for hygiene.

Revert back after the investigations to an internal medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|