Q. I get fever and headache every time after my fitness training. Why?

Dr. Preethi

Every time I train fitness, my head is warm and I get fever and headcaches after training. Please help.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history it is obvious that you are suffering from exercise headache. During exercise your muscle heats up, this results in dilatation of blood vessels that causes increased blood flow to the brain, skin. This heat should be removed from the body so the skin produces sweat, as the sweat evaporates the body heat is removed with it.

But in strenuous exercise, if the sweat is not evaporated, the body becomes more warmth. So always eat and drink before exercise.

Exercise headache are of two types, primary and secondary. The primary headache is harmless that includes a throbbing headache, headache on both sides, but the secondary headache is dangerous which includes vomiting, loss of consciousness, and double vision. Whatever it is consult a doctor immediately to rule out any underlying cause of headache.

|