Q. I get fever and headache every time after my fitness training. Why?

Dr. Priety
Published on Nov 15, 2019

Every time I train fitness, my head is warm and I get fever and headcaches after training. Please help.

Dr. Priety

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history it is obvious that you are suffering from exercise headache. During exercise your muscle heats up, this results in dilatation of blood vessels that causes increased blood flow to the brain, skin. This heat should be removed from the body so the skin produces sweat, as the sweat evaporates the body heat is removed with it.

But in strenuous exercise, if the sweat is not evaporated, the body becomes more warmth. So always eat and drink before exercise.

Exercise headache are of two types, primary and secondary. The primary headache is harmless that includes a throbbing headache, headache on both sides, but the secondary headache is dangerous which includes vomiting, loss of consciousness, and double vision. Whatever it is consult a doctor immediately to rule out any underlying cause of headache.

Shall I get chemical stress test to know the reason for tachycardia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old postmenopausal woman, who is 223 pounds and 5 foot 8 inches height. I have no known heart conditions except for many PVCs and PACs. I was recently diagnosed and picked up on a 48-hour Holter with atrial flutter. My doctor did not say that I had aFib. Doctor wants me ...  Read Full »

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now