Q. Is it normal for one eye to look different than the other?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

My eye shape has started to differ than other one and looks droop.

#

From the photo attachment (attachment remove to protect patient identity), I can tell you that you have mild ptosis on your right eye. Ptosis is the technical term for the drooping of the upper lid. There are several ways in which ptosis can be corrected depending on the etiology. To get to the etiology a face to face consultation and examination is mandatory.

I recommend that you visit an ophthalmologist preferably with experience in oculoplasty surgery. I also advise an urgent appointment in case you have the following:

1. Seeing double.

2. One side of the face or body (arms or legs) are feeling numb or do not move as well as the other or power is lesser.

3. In case you have been experiencing headache, severe vomiting, weight loss and problems seeing bright lights.

|