Ptosis

Will ptosis cause angel's kiss in the eyelid?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 4 months old, and one eye is slightly more open than the other (ever since he was born). I feel like the eyelid of the eye that does not open as wide might be swollen and there is also an angel's kiss on that eyelid. It also has an extra crease on the outside of the eyelid. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the photos. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From the photos, I can see a few variations from the normal anatomy in both upper lids. There is an extra fold of skin over the upper lid of the right eye, this is called epiblepharon in medi...  Read Full »

How can ptosis be treataed in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, 55 years old male with complaint of ptosis on the right eye having diabetes for the past 10 to 12 years. FBS yesterday taken was 165 mg/dl. Ocular movement normal on left side but adduction limited in affected side. He is suspected to have third nerve palsy. What all medical intervent...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I recommend performing a brain MRI. If normal (which means that is a peripheral nerve damage) I would recommend starting low dose Steroids for 20 days, Vitamin B complex supplements, Alpha lipoic acid 1200 mg daily. In case of pain in the eye, Gabapentin or Pregabali...  Read Full »

Why are my hands and feet cold and sweaty always?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male, who weighs 200 lbs and 6 feet tall. I have been looking for my symptoms after watching a TV show. I know some things are not right with me, and I have been curious to find the cause. It could be one or more problems. Here is what is going on. I have cold hand ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cold and sweaty hands and feet can happen in heart failure, anxiety, hyperthyroidism and shock. Numb feet, which are painful while walking can be due to neuropathy, nerve root compression at lumbosacral spine, or arterial occlusion in legs. The half closed eyelids ...  Read Full »

Why is my one eye looking different than the other?

Query: Hello doctor,My eye shape has started to differ than other one and looks droop.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photo attachment (attachment remove to protect patient identity), I can tell you that you have mild ptosis on your right eye. Ptosis is the technical term for the drooping of the upper lid. There are several ways in which ptosis can be corrected depending on...  Read Full »

My eyes become smaller. Could it be due to extensive use of computer?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes have become smaller over the years. It did not happen all of a sudden. They have become smaller for a few years. I use the laptop for more than 10 hours a day. Does the problem occur due to increased use of a computer? Do I need to wear anti-glare or blue cut lenses? I am taking ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can share a close picture of your eyes. You might have drooping of eyelids which is known as ptosis. It gives an appearance of eyes getting smaller. When you are using a computer regularly, kindly follow these instructions. Display of your screen should have a good ...  Read Full »

I fear that my ptosis and strabismus cannot be corrected. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I am working in software field. I do have problems of ptosis and strabismus in my left eye since birth. I am not able to see with this eye until I forcefully close my right (dedicated) eye. I got operated for ptosis when I was 11, and it got recovered a lot. But,...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have double elevator palsy. It is also known as monocular elevation deficit with ptosis. You are right in saying that superior rectus and inferior oblique muscles are non-functioning. The only treatment is surgery. We operate squint first, and Knapp surgery is require...  Read Full »

My one eye has developed to be smaller than the other. Do I need a surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an eye problem which is that my left eye developed to be smaller than the other. It is more obvious when I take pictures. Is there anything I can do or will I need to do a surgery?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can tell you that the upper eyelid of your right eye is drooping down. It is a medical condition called ptosis. Although your right eyeball is not small, due to the drooping, it gives us a false impress...  Read Full »

My left upper eyelid is bigger than the right. How to rectify this?

Query: Hello doctor,My left upper eyelid is bigger than the right.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the image uploaded by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is not bigger. The condition is known as ptosis, that is, the inability to move your upper lid. How long have you been like that? There are various possibilities: If it is from b...  Read Full »

My eyelids seem to droop when I am relaxed. Could it be ptosis?

Query: Hi doctor, From the past 12 months, my eyelids seem to droop when in a normal or relaxed state. It takes an effort to perform any kind of activity. I am doing eye exercises, but their effects are temporary. My eyelids close even more often after I use mobile or laptop. Could it be ptosis? If yes, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your photos very carefully (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no significant ptosis in your eyes. Recently acquired ptosis, which worsens with efforts, is suggestive of myasthenia gravis. I would recommend you to consult a local...  Read Full »