Eye Alignment

Problems in eye alignment can vary from crossed eye, misaligned eyes, lazy eye, and walleyes. Eye alignment problems can cause symptoms like double vision, uncoordinated eye movements, loss of vision, squinting, headaches, and poor depth perception.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I suffer from mild corectopia. Will watching television and computer for a long time worsen it?

Query: Hi doctor,I have just discovered that I have mild corectopia. More tests are being done to find out what the cause is and what the treatment should be. My question is, will television and computer screens make the condition worse or have no effect?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Corectopia is a genetic condition of the eye. But it is not the reason for your eye strain in front of a computer screen. To reduce strain, first, recheck your glasses. Then follow these rules, 1. Work in a well-lighted environment. 2. The main light should come from...  Read Full »

My five-year-old daughter's left eye turns more inward than the right eye. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is five years old, and I noticed that her left eye turns more inward than her right eye when she looks towards the right side, such that the black area of her left eye looks smaller than her right eye. I checked her eyes with our local ophthalmologist, who said her eyes are no...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and understood your concern. The pictures you sent show no difference in the size of the eyeballs of the two eyes (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). You mentioned that your ophthalmologist has confirmed that she has normal v...  Read Full »

I recently developed weird eye movements a month ago, and I already have double vision and am wearing glasses for it. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I noticed odd eye movements a month ago and would like you to assess. I had a double vision which is corrected with prism glasses that I started wearing since nine months. I have tingling sensation for the past two years due to Raynaud's phenomenon, but the weird eye movements are new. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Florilyn Joyce Chulsi Bentrez

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. Yes, your eyelids in the photo (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) seem fine to me. Were you diagnosed with SLE? Did the double vision persist and does it go away when you cover one eye? Does one eyelid go down or close at...  Read Full »

My left eye is deformed. What can I do to improve my appearance?

Query: Hi doctor, My right eye got damaged when I was a child, and it is getting distorted now. It is affecting my appearance. Is it advisable to replace it with an artificial eye?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Uday Nayak

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. If you find the eye disfigured and distorted, it can definitely be replaced with an artificial eye. It is not an easy procedure, but it can be rewarding. Firstly your current eye will be removed by a procedure...  Read Full »

Can nystagmus be improved through occlusion therapy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has nystagmus. I noticed and took her to the hospital when she was 1.6 years old. I feel the doctors are getting ready to start blurring her left stronger eye to strengthen her right eye. Could my daughter's nystagmus be improved with eye therapy? Her right eye is extremely ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The occlusion therapy is necessary when there is a disparity in both the eyes for vision as well as refractive error. It is a well-proven treatment with satisfactory results. There is no medication for nystagmus. If it is very debilitating, then the surgical correction...  Read Full »

Can continuous computer use make your eye droopy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am working on the computer for the whole day. My right eye seems to be dropping a little bit. I am not sure whether it is a permanent damage to my eyes. Sometimes I take a while to blink. I am scared that I have ruined my right eyes. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your left eye seems to be dropped more than the right and it also appears normal. Normally, your eyelid covers two millimeters of the cornea. I suggest you follow some measures to manage your screen time. Work in a well-lit room. Your main light should focus on you from...  Read Full »

Are my baby's eyes normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a question regarding my 4.5 months old baby girl, who occasionally has an eye that turns inward. Sometimes, she crosses her eyes when she is tired or when she looks at her hands or something close to her face. When she looks at a distance, her eyes are normally aligned. I asked a...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I assure you that this phenomenon is normal in children till 6 months of age as they have high accommodation. It is abnormal if persists beyond 12 months. I advise you to follow your child and it will get normal in some time. If it remains th...  Read Full »

Why is my one eye looking different than the other?

Query: Hello doctor,My eye shape has started to differ than other one and looks droop.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photo attachment (attachment remove to protect patient identity), I can tell you that you have mild ptosis on your right eye. Ptosis is the technical term for the drooping of the upper lid. There are several ways in which ptosis can be corrected depending on...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.