Q. Which eye drop is preservative-free along with contact lens?

Dr. Asif Manzoor

I am a regular user of contact lens. Currently, I am facing a little discomfort due to dryness. Earlier I was using Soft Drop for my eyes, but recently a doctor told me not to use it with contact lenses as it contains preservatives which can spoil the contacts. I would like to request you to suggest me a preservative-free eye drop which I can use with a contact lens at the earliest. Also, I work in computers for 10 to 12 hours.

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Preservative-free eyedrop is good if someone is having problems with preservatives. You can use Systane Ultra, Refresh Tears, Tears Naturale Free, etc. They are available across the counter in most countries. They are available in single-use small vials.

| 

Is it alright to use Lastacaft eye drops after a laser cataract surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,I am trying to get help for a friend who had laser cataract surgery last year. She has Lastacaft eye drops that she would like to use and would like to know if it is alright to use.  Read Full »

Shall I use the prescribed eye drops for a 3 month old?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 months old baby got an infection in his right eye. It became red and appears like a layer covered the eye. The tears keep coming from his right eye. He was prescribed to use Alcon Vigamox sterile 5 mL and Ciprofloxacin ophthalmic ointment. Is it fine to use for a 3 month old?  Read Full »

Why did I have blurred vision after sleeping with my contact lenses on?

Query: Hi doctor, Without remembering to take off my contacts, I slept with them on. It was only for three and a half hours. These are yearly lenses, so they are pretty thick. They are FDA approved but doctors normally do not recommend them. I woke up with my vision having a white haze. As the time goes b...  Read Full »