Q. I have persistent eye floaters with high refractive error. Please help.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

I am having persistent floats on the lower side of the eye. I have consulted a doctor and since the eye power is the same (-4.5) she did not dilate the eye. She told me it is because of the sore eyes and it will get resolved. But I want to be sure, as the floats are more severely occurring in the right eye.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

See first of all floaters at the age of 21 is not a common condition. It can be due to so many reasons but I feel in your case it is because of your high refractive error that is -4.5 as you said.

So my advice is you should be very careful regarding your symptoms if floaters are not much then no need to worry. But when you will have suddenly excessive floaters or if you feel like flashes in your eyes, vision is getting affected then immediately you should consult your ophthalmologist because all these are symptoms of retinal detachment. That is common in high myopia patients. One more thing is you should undergo a complete ophthalmic check up every six months.

|