Q. What is causing constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain?

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

I am having constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain, also my rib cage hurts. I feel depressed and anxious like never before. I cannot sleep at night. MRI of brain shows tiny flair. Radiologists are saying that it is nothing to worry about. What should I do?

#

Eye floaters are commonly associated with some issues with the visual field. So I would recommend consulting with an ophthalmologist to rule out any issues with your eyes. It can also be associated with migraine headaches. Low back pain and hip pain are common symptoms as well but I do not feel it is related to your eye floaters. I would recommend getting a few blood tests such as vitamin D, calcium levels, thyroid and vitamin B12. If above is negative then investigating into rheumatological causes depends on your clinical exam findings. MRI brain showing flair changes is non-specific.

I have had blood work and all normal hormone levels are a little low. The rheumatologist is sending me to a neurologist.

#

You are welcome. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns.

|