Q. What is causing constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain?

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

I am having constant eye floaters, low back and hip pain, also my rib cage hurts. I feel depressed and anxious like never before. I cannot sleep at night. MRI of brain shows tiny flair. Radiologists are saying that it is nothing to worry about. What should I do?

#

Eye floaters are commonly associated with some issues with the visual field. So I would recommend consulting with an ophthalmologist to rule out any issues with your eyes. It can also be associated with migraine headaches. Low back pain and hip pain are common symptoms as well but I do not feel it is related to your eye floaters. I would recommend getting a few blood tests such as vitamin D, calcium levels, thyroid and vitamin B12. If above is negative then investigating into rheumatological causes depends on your clinical exam findings. MRI brain showing flair changes is non-specific.

| 

I have had blood work and all normal hormone levels are a little low. The rheumatologist is sending me to a neurologist.

#

You are welcome. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions or concerns.

| 

Had cervical polypectomy and experiencing back pain. Will it subside in time?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cervical polypectomy and was told to expect brown discharge. Now experiencing cramping, minor bleeding, vinegar smell, and severe back pain, to the point that I am dizzy and nauseous. A couple of days earlier had a bunch of discharge that looked like dark reddish and orangish skin....  Read Full »

I am suffering from eye floaters and halos around the lights. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from eye floaters, halos around the lights, photo after image, ghost image. First floaters started two years ago, then after 6 to 7 months later. I started seeing halos around the light then ghost image and three months ago, I started seeing photo afterimage. I am reall...  Read Full »

I have back pain due to sitting in front of computer for long hours. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 27 years old male. I was sitting in front of the computer for more than 10 hours per day for past one month. I have mild pain in my lower back, not a constant pain. the pain either left side or right side but the right side is more time the pain always shift its position. and whil...  Read Full »