Q. My right eye pains, and I see blind spots while doing any activity. Why?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

My right eye pains and I see blind spots while doing any activity. And I feel my brain and my eyes are not coordinating. I have vitamin B12 deficiency, for which I take injections.

#

• Kindly get your refractive error checked, as it can cause both your symptoms. A retinal assessment will also be helpful.
  • Can you please elaborate on the brain-eye coordination?

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have been given Bromvue eye drops and Visionace tablet.

#

• Bromvue (Bromfenac) is an anti-inflammatory. It is prescribed usually for uveitis, as it may temporarily relieve pain.
  • You will need a thorough ophthalmic evaluation, including slit lamp evaluation and retina assessment.
  • Floaters or the floating black spots could mean intraocular inflammation, posterior vitreous detachment, or sometimes appear physiologically. So the treatment will be according to the diagnosis.
  • A lack of hand-eye coordination may need to be assessed by a neurologist.
  • Light sensitivity and dry eye may cause the symptoms that you have listed. However, nothing substitutes a thorough evaluation by a trained ophthalmologist. Please do not self-medicate.

For further queries consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

What is a Visionace tablet for?

#

• Visionace is essential nutrients including antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, for preventing oxidative damage to the eye.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|