Q. I see some floating images and a small flash of light in both eyes. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 07, 2019

I am 29 years old, and I see some floating images and sometimes see a small flash of light in both the eyes. I consulted a doctor, who told me to take Vesoret capsule and use Nevanac eye drops for three months. But after using it for three months, there is no difference. Please give me some suggestions.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Firstly, I would like to know if you wear glasses. If yes, then what is your refraction?
  • Secondly, these floating images are called as vitreous floaters, which are harmless but bothering. These are physiological changes.
  • Thirdly, since you are complaining of flash, for that, I would suggest you get your retina checked because there can be a retinal tear in the peripheral retina. If not, then nothing to worry because these will settle down, but you need six monthly checkups.

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

Cataract in one eye and solar burn in other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?

Query: Hi doctor, My father who is 56 years old, observed reduced visibility since 8 months. On consulting a doctor, he found cataract in one eye and solar burn in the other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?  Read Full »

I always have a dull unilateral headache. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago, I had headache in late night. I managed to sleep, but it was still there in the morning. It was unilateral headache on the left side of my head. Pain is in my temporal area which sometimes radiates across my cheek and even down my jaw, as well as on the top left of my...  Read Full »

Why do I suddenly see large floaters in my eye?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Suddenly, I am having large floaters in my eyes. Is it possible that it will decrease with time? How long will it take to decrease?  Read Full »