Q. I see some floating images and a small flash of light in both eyes. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

I am 29 years old, and I see some floating images and sometimes see a small flash of light in both the eyes. I consulted a doctor, who told me to take Vesoret capsule and use Nevanac eye drops for three months. But after using it for three months, there is no difference. Please give me some suggestions.

Do you have a question on Eye Floaters or Retinal Tears?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

MBBS., DNB (OPHTHALMOLOGY)., FELLOWSHIP VITREO-RETINA
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

• Firstly, I would like to know if you wear glasses. If yes, then what is your refraction?
  • Secondly, these floating images are called as vitreous floaters, which are harmless but bothering. These are physiological changes.
  • Thirdly, since you are complaining of flash, for that, I would suggest you get your retina checked because there can be a retinal tear in the peripheral retina. If not, then nothing to worry because these will settle down, but you need six monthly checkups.

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Cataract in one eye and solar burn in other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?
Query: Hi doctor, My father who is 56 years old, observed reduced visibility since 8 months. On consulting a doctor, he found cataract in one eye and solar burn in the other. Does solar burn occur in one eye?  Read Full »
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Solar retinopathy is due to exposure to radiations from sun. It mostly affects both eyes but in some patients only one eye may be affected. I advise you to consult a local eye specialist and get fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA) and optical coherence tomography (OC...  Read Full »

What causes dull headache that does not shift?
Query: Hello doctor, Three weeks ago, I had headache in late night. I managed to sleep, but it was still there in the morning. It was unilateral headache on the left side of my head. Pain is in my temporal area which sometimes radiates across my cheek and even down my jaw, as well as on the top left of my...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. My main concern here would be trigeminal cephalgia, the most common being trigeminal neuralgia. Trigeminal neuralgia is a sharp shooting unilateral headache that becomes extremely worse with nerve irritation that could be caused by shaving, brushing (hair or teeth...  Read Full »

Why do I suddenly see large floaters in my eye?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. Suddenly, I am having large floaters in my eyes. Is it possible that it will decrease with time? How long will it take to decrease?  Read Full »
Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you have floaters. Eye floaters are because of problems in the posterior part of the eye involving vitreous and retina. Hence, this requires evaluation by indirect ophthalmoscopy, to rule out vitreous degenerations...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now