Q. I see some floating images and a small flash of light in both eyes. Please help.

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 07, 2019

I am 29 years old, and I see some floating images and sometimes see a small flash of light in both the eyes. I consulted a doctor, who told me to take Vesoret capsule and use Nevanac eye drops for three months. But after using it for three months, there is no difference. Please give me some suggestions.

#

• Firstly, I would like to know if you wear glasses. If yes, then what is your refraction?
  • Secondly, these floating images are called as vitreous floaters, which are harmless but bothering. These are physiological changes.
  • Thirdly, since you are complaining of flash, for that, I would suggest you get your retina checked because there can be a retinal tear in the peripheral retina. If not, then nothing to worry because these will settle down, but you need six monthly checkups.

Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|