Q. I am having large floaters in my eyes. Is it possible that it will decrease with time?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 28, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 15, 2018

I am a 24 year old female. Suddenly, I am having large floaters in my eyes. Is it possible that it will decrease with time? How long will it take to decrease?

Dr. Dada Peer K

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you have floaters. Eye floaters are because of problems in the posterior part of the eye involving vitreous and retina. Hence, this requires evaluation by indirect ophthalmoscopy, to rule out vitreous degenerations.

Most of the floaters are caused by vitreous degenerations and may not require treatment. These will resolve over time. However, evaluation is required to look for associated retinal problems, like retinal tears which may be seen rarely.

|