Q. I started seeing a transparent floater and light flashes. How long can I wait without consulting a doctor?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 15, 2019

About six hours ago, I started seeing a transparent floater which I had not seen before, and then three hours later, I started seeing light flashes at the edge of my visual field in my left eye. Can I wait for three more days to see my doctor?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

If you have access to an ophthalmologist on this weekend, then get a thorough retinal evaluation with indentation done. The symptoms you are describing are consistent with posterior vitreous detachment, a process which by itself does not cause a decrease in vision.

However, it can pull onto retina hence causing a retinal tear in the process. If that is present, it needs to be lasered within a day or two. If you do not have high myopia or have a family history of retinal detachment, then you are low-risk patient and can wait another two days if it is imperative.

Physiological.

Peripheral retinal evaluation.

Suggest ayurvedic treatment for vision problems and fibrocystic mastopathy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 61 years old and I am 165 cm. I weigh 55 kg. I was found to have the small formation of microcalcinates in the left mammary gland. It was operated and cancer was not found. Diagnosis after surgery was fibrocystic mastopathy. Could you recommend treatment for preventing this proble...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to prevent fibrocystic mastopathy, I suggest you take tablet Aloes Compound one tablet in the morning and one in the evening after food. This can be continued lifelong. The main ingredient is the aloe vera. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or h...  Read Full

Can laser be used to treat eye floaters and retinal tears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I have eye floaters in both my eyes. I am suffering from nearsightedness, and I have retinal tears. I consulted several doctors, but I did not get proper answers. The topic of eye floaters is not studied well in my country. My ophthalmologist says that I should do no...  Read Full >>

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem but do not be depressed, because everybody has to pass this phase of vitreous floaters. Some have it early due to myopia, and some have it in old age. These are definitely bothering, but it should settle and will take their own time. There is ...  Read Full

How to resolve peripheral vision problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from peripheral vision for the past one year. I cannot control my peripheral vision by ignoring the people just beside my main vision. It is much wider than foveal vision and it seems like I am staring the person. Please help me to resolve this.  Read Full >>

Dr. Anand
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is very rare and can happen both in neurological and retinal problems. Can you give more details about the problem? How it started and what is the duration? Do you have any history of injury? How old are you? Are you using any glasses? What is the vision? Please sen...  Read Full