Q. What is the treatment available for eye floaters and halos around the lights?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

I am suffering from eye floaters, halos around the lights, photo after image, ghost image. First floaters started two years ago, then after 6 to 7 months later. I started seeing halos around the light then ghost image and three months ago, I started seeing photo afterimage. I am really scared of this. Please help me to cure this.

Do you have a question on Eye Floaters or Corneal Edema?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

M.B.B.S., M.S OPHTHALMOLOGY., FELLOW OF INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY (U.K)., M.R.C.S EDINBURGH
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Floaters, photo after-images, ghost images are usually seen in disorders of the retina. Halos are indicative of corneal edema due to various reasons. There are a lot of diseases which can cause such a picture. At the same time, if you only experience these problems once in a while and have no problems with vision, you could actually have no treatable problems. The best and only way to confirm it for sure would be to visit an ophthalmologist.

I would recommend an urgent visit in case you have pain, a sudden drop in vision, part of the image you see cannot be visualized or redness, watering, discharge from the eyes. In case you do not have any of the above, I would say a non-urgent visit would suffice.

Also Read Answers From: Eye Floaters Corneal Edema

Why is light spreading out on seeing bulb after wearing Toric lens?
Query: Hello doctor,My site vision is -4. I have been using contacts for the last six years. This time, I tried the Toric lens. After using them for a week, I noticed the light used to spread out when I see the bulb. Now today my one eyeball color is a bit faded from the top. Also, I have a migraine.  Read Full »
Dr. Zubair A Shaikh
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information you have given, your vision prescription is -4. You have not specified whether it is a spherical, cylindrical, or a compound power. You are also using a Toric contact lens, for the first time. The reason for seeing light spreading can be due to a fa...  Read Full »

I have vision problems after laser IOL implant. What to do?
Query: Hello doctor,After laser IOL implant I now have severe aniseikonia. Was it wrong diopter lense? Can it be undone? Very poor and triple vision. What to do?  Read Full »
Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I shall try to answer all your queries in detail. Aniseikonia occurs when the difference in refractive error is more than 4 or 5 diopters between two eyes. If you say you had laser-assisted cataract surgery which means a femto surgery, the size of incision would be...  Read Full »

Why am I having blurred vision on fourth day of foreign body removal from cornea?
Query: Hello doctor, I recently went to an ophthalmologist to have a foreign body removed from my cornea. I have been applying the overnight cream and drops during the day but on day four, my vision appears to be more blurry. Is this a normal part of healing?  Read Full »
Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through what you have mentioned, new onset of blurring on the day four is not a thing we normally expect. It could be due to a variety of reasons, the most common being increased tearing in your eyes due to inflammation, and the most important being a pro...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now